Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:05 pm

I got tired of my old one so I change to something simple. What does everyone think?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:10 pm

I don't like it. It just feels wrong for a person to call themselves 'holy'.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:13 pm

IdahoRose wrote:

Actually its my real last name which people think I'm Christian but I'm a Jewish-Refrom.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:16 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Actually its my real last name which people think I'm Christian but I'm a Jewish-Refrom.

Oh wow... You're Jewish? My bad. ^-^; Sorry if I came across as rude. I've been on kind of a crusade on the forums lately, where I get quick to retaliate against any real or perceived attack against God.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:20 pm

That's your last name, for real!? 8O

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:20 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Oh wow... You're Jewish? My bad. ^-^; Sorry if I came across as rude. I've been on kind of a crusade on the forums lately, where I get quick to retaliate against any real or perceived attack against God.

No worries here though my upbring was a conflict between Catholicism and Judaism so rarely been to service. Just celebrated the major holidays of both religions.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:22 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Sorry if I came across as rude. I've been on kind of a crusade on the forums lately, where I get quick to retaliate against any real or perceived attack against God.

That's why I stay out of the PPR forums. I could care less what anyone else believes, that's their business. But I hate when people say certain things.

By the way, Jerry, I'm part Jewish myself but raised as Christian. Just thought that would be interesting to know. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:25 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

No worries here though my upbring was a conflict between Catholicism and Judaism so rarely been to service. Just celebrated the major holidays of both religions.

Hehe, I'm Catholic myself. I've been part of the church since I was 12. Personally I would have loved to have been born Jewish, though.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:27 pm

Yes thats my real last name no joke even the Alex knows that. I believe if your mother is Jewish then you're Jewish is what someone told me once at a Hillel Event at Mason.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:27 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Sorry if I came across as rude. I've been on kind of a crusade on the forums lately, where I get quick to retaliate against any real or perceived attack against God.

That's why I stay out of the PPR forums. I could care less what anyone else believes, that's their business. But I hate when people say certain things.

I never go near that forum, but sometimes people in other forums think they're being smart/funny by attacking God, and it makes me really angry. For the most part I try to tun a blind eye toward it, but some days I just can't stand it and I wind up snapping.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:30 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I never go near that forum, but sometimes people in other forums think they're being smart/funny by attacking God, and it makes me really angry. For the most part I try to tun a blind eye toward it, but some days I just can't stand it and I wind up snapping.

Been it a few and someone made stuff about Jewish People which is total offense to me and end up going to the holocaust and the belief of some members Israel has no right to exist. Glad that thread was taking care of when it became more heated.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 7:34 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Been it a few and someone made stuff about Jewish People which is total offense to me and end up going to the holocaust and the belief of some members Israel has no right to exist. Glad that thread was taking care of when it became more heated.

Speaking of Israel, I have a cousin who lives and works in a monastery there. I'd love to go to Israel sometime in my life. I have a book on basic Hebrew language, and I'm going to try to learn it.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 8:27 pm

People shouldn't be allowed to have custom 'ranks'. The enticement of having them encourages people to post bullsh!t messages, in non-discussion threads which usurp the forums, burying legitimate discussion topics and making the forum useless.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 8:31 pm

8O
That's a little harsh Flismflop. There's actually not that many boards asking help for custom ranks...there's much more newbie questions like What's your age and repeat boards like that.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 9:47 pm

ebec11 wrote:
8O
That's a little harsh Flismflop. There's actually not that many boards asking help for custom ranks...there's much more newbie questions like What's your age and repeat boards like that.

Yeah. I hardly ever see any kind of spamish activity relating to the ranks, and I'm on here literally every day. The most repeated topic I see is "Do you think I have Aspergers?".

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 10:17 pm

I agree with ebec11 and IdahoRose because many forum sites don't custom ranks to make. Also I think have AS thread are the most commonly repeat threads there is on this site.