Is there a way i can get this pick as my avatar?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 9:05 pm

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn18 ... hair50.jpg

how do i get an actual pick of me?
(this was a live action comic my friend and i were doin btw)

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 9:17 pm

Go to "my account", "edit profile". At the bottom there ia a part called "avatar control panel." Then "upload through URL". On your photo, there's an option on the side that says "share URL". That should do it.

If not, somebody better at this will have to tell you.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 9:38 pm

zghost wrote:
Go to "my account", "edit profile". At the bottom there ia a part called "avatar control panel." Then "upload through URL". On your photo, there's an option on the side that says "share URL". That should do it.

If not, somebody better at this will have to tell you.

says its over 16kb. from everything ive tried...

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 9:59 pm

You'll have to edit the picture to a smaller size. I'll be back once I get home.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

qaliqo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2008, 10:16 pm

Kerplow:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm13 ... iature.jpg

The Answer:
Post to a forum where somebody knows Photoshop inside and out, took me five minutes including signing up for photobucket.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 10:26 pm

i have GIMP so i think i can do it.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 10:37 pm

With gimp use the scale image settings. Make sure you click the little lock icon, it makes the scaling equal. Then save it with the extension .jpg, and slide it to 100%. That oughta do ya.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 10:49 pm

Quote:
Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 130 pixels, the height no greater than 160 pixels, and the file size no more than 15.77 Kb.

You can do it yourself, and I'd suggest you go ahead and do that anyway, but using HP Image Zone I resized the image(The image file size was 5.15 KB, which is plenty small), then using Pixia I saved it, which tends to make the file size very very small(Now it's 2.14 KB!) without it looking bad. Here is the result, if you use this image, please save it to your own image hosting site or have WrongPlanet host it by saving it to your comp and then choosing to upload from your machine.

EDIT: Don't ask me why I waste time resizing with HP Image Zone when I could just resize it with Pixia, which is a totally free program from Tacmi.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History