Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:49 pm

LoveableNerd wrote:
Thomas1138 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm... I was born 4 weeks premature, but it was done deliberately by my mother's doctor... she induced labor early because she was going to be on vacation during my due date, and wanted to make sure she would be the one to deliver me.

Malpractice.

Quote:
Three weeks late.

Malpractice.

Yeah,... unfortunately she passed away a few years ago, so I don't think that would fly.

I had the SAME deal! If I was my mothers doctor, and cared for the child(which was me!) I would have let her go to term, and done a C-section. I was a BIG baby. Instead, it was natural but BEFORE the due date(induced). SAME reason! My mother wanted HER doctor, who was going on vacation, to deliver me. 8-(

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:34 pm

This is an interesting topic. :-) I was born at only 6 months and was in the hospital for a couple months there after. :-( My mom was told I wouldn't walk,talk or live to be a year old. (As of 2008 I am walking,talking and am 22 years old and overall healthy.) :-)

dupertuis
Raven
Raven

21 May 2008, 9:10 pm

Not me.

Looking back, I'd say I was born about thirty years postmature.

dp

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 1:52 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
LoveableNerd wrote:
Hmmm... I was born 4 weeks premature, but it was done deliberately by my mother's doctor... she induced labor early because she was going to be on vacation during my due date, and wanted to make sure she would be the one to deliver me.

I had the SAME deal! If I was my mothers doctor, and cared for the child(which was me!) I would have let her go to term, and done a C-section. I was a BIG baby. Instead, it was natural but BEFORE the due date(induced). SAME reason! My mother wanted HER doctor, who was going on vacation, to deliver me. 8-(

No, it wasn't my mother's decision, it was her doctor who wanted to make sure she was the one to deliver me (and get paid for it). So she talked Mom into it. If I thought it really did have anything to do with my AS, and if she were still alive, and if there wasn't some statute of limitations that has probably run out, a malpractice suit might be an option. I still think AS is genetic, but it is interesting that there are this many premies.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 4:20 am

LoveableNerd wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
LoveableNerd wrote:

No, it wasn't my mother's decision, it was her doctor who wanted to make sure she was the one to deliver me (and get paid for it). So she talked Mom into it. If I thought it really did have anything to do with my AS, and if she were still alive, and if there wasn't some statute of limitations that has probably run out, a malpractice suit might be an option. I still think AS is genetic, but it is interesting that there are this many premies.

What you said your mother's doctor did, if she did it 100% that way, could have destroyed her career, so I don't even know if that is 100% true.(She probably DID get your mother's approval)

Still, I meant we were both born about as early because our birth was induced because the doctor was going on vacation. THAT was similar enough.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 6:38 am

Yes. I was born about 2 months premature and weighed somewhere around 3 to 3 1/2 pounds.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 2:17 pm

I have writen an article about pregnancy, stress (adrenaline and testosterone) and autism. It is here on WP under the title "This is Autism"

Star

Deus_Imperator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2008, 1:38 am

I was the opposite actually. I was born almost two weeks late.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 1:51 pm

LoveableNerd wrote:
...it is interesting that there are this many premies.

Idunno, seems like it's about 50/50.

Certainly not as huge as the lazy eye thread.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 2:08 pm

I was born several weeks late, and was also a really heavy baby at about 10 pounds!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 2:20 pm

i was born several weeks late, but weighed only 5 lbs.
my mom always says that when I came out of the womb, it seemed as though my hands and feet were underdeveloped.

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 2:53 pm

I am a preemie, too.

I read an article in Science once about what happens to the brains of preemies. There is a pruning that goes in in utero which we miss.

It can cause genius. In my case, clearly not :-D

But it can

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 7:30 pm

I was born right on time-November 10.

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2008, 8:44 pm

A few days late, I believe, but I'm not actually sure. I've heard that it was a quick, non-traumatic, and mostly unremarkable delivery.