Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:48 pm

drybones wrote:
i had a few friends through online games but once i stop playing the friendship vanishes as well

This. I probably have more online friends than real life ones...

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 8:00 pm

I've met four people from t'internet, one inadvertently. One is a best friend of mine, with another our friendship faded out, and with the other who lives on the other side of the country we still talk often, but have never been great friends. Assess the risks, tho'.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 May 2008, 8:37 pm

I'm not sure what constitutes friendships on line. I have interacted with a few people on here, who seem really friendly, shooting pms back and forth, and then just stop communicating. :?
So no, I don't think I have any real friends on here. Plus, I am probably just as guilty as ceasing communication as they are. :oops:

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:51 pm

Starting communicating in forums online in 1983 on GEnie; started meeting people that I'd gotten to know online around 1989. Text has always been easier for me, as I can edit my thoughts and ensure that I'm saying what I intend to... once I was a little more comfortable knowing there was something to communicate about, I was able to meet people more easily.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 2:31 am

I have made a few friends online over the years. Some of I have talked to on the phone. A few I have meet in person. No one from here yet, but I am still new.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2008, 3:26 am

jujubomb wrote:
I've been using the internet since 2000 and the only online friends I got are people telling me how they like my boobs and body so our friendship is basically based on sex and yeah that's it. What about you guys?

Been Internetting since about 1996.

I've known possibly hundreds of people online. I've been to many sites... made a few fans and many enemies in most of them.
Every single relationship I've had bar one has been with people I found online... and yes I've met them all in person... and yes, I even got married temporarily to one of them (and later divorced).

Now... most of the people I've known online have gone their own way and I don't speak to them any more. A great many associates I no longer have contact with. There are a few yet on Facebook with which I interact fairly regularly... but that is about it.
I definitely don't know anyone here to any great extent.

So... if I only have 4 more years Internetting under my belt than you, and most of my interactivity was done in the last 8 years or thereabouts.... then what is stopping you?
I mean if you've got a nice body besides, I'd have thought it would be even EASIER for you.... unless you simply can't talk to anyone intelligent for all the throngs of drooling idiots...

merrybexxmas
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2008, 3:46 am

i'm on facebook if anybody wants to be my online friend. :D

i have met a few folks through playing the games on facebook. a couple i chat with regularly.

i also used to play Diablo and that was kind of fun, too. it was kind of like chatting with a mission.

little-bird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2008, 12:52 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I have found many friends around the world on the Siamese Internet Cat Club.

Aaaah. This just cheered me up.

Maybe we should all form our own little internet clubs based on the things we are completely obsessed with. How fantastic would it be to have a bunch of friends that are as cuckoo about something as you are.

I am obsessed with the number 11. Do you think that's enough to base a social internet club upon?

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 1:02 pm

I used to have a bunch of online friends from past mmorpgs.
I've only really stayed friends with those who shared my nationalist beliefs.
But even to them i rarely talk anymore these days.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 1:49 pm

Hodor wrote:
On this site, I haven't made any real friends yet.

I consider everyone here my friend @_@

Well...okay...not everyone... ¬_¬

I think we need to organize our own WrongPlanet bake sale...all proceeds to go autism \m/

jujubomb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2008, 12:38 pm

Ok dats nice... I can't really keep friendships on the internet. I met 2 guys from the internet for sex. We didn't become friends or anything. Just sex. Like 1 of them became my f**k friend and that's it.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 2:28 pm

I participate in forum conversations for the most part. I have a few people I talk to on msn from various forums, livejournal ect, but it seems most people have dozens of people they converse with online. While I only have a few, despite being online most of the day.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:21 pm

well, I met the missus on the Internet. That probably goes beyond friendship...;)
and since I'm a guy, I don't have any boobs to speak of, which is why I don't have many online friends...;) j/k...;)

I have an 'amen corner' at the 'rosity site, who look at my pictures and say nice things, but I don't know if we're friends or not..