Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jujubomb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2008, 6:10 am

I've been using the internet since 2000 and the only online friends I got are people telling me how they like my boobs and body so our friendship is basically based on sex and yeah that's it. What about you guys?

Silke
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2008, 6:48 am

I have made a few friends online, including my boyfriend - we have been together for 8 years so far so I guess its more than just my body he likes ;-) Mostly I made them when I wasn't particularly looking for friends though just like in the "real world".

Also, I don't tend to show anybody a picture of myself before I have talked to them for quite a while so maybe thats where you're going wrong? I mean, to me its more important that I can talk with somebody, share the same interests etc. before wanting to know what they look like. From my experience (no offense to anyone, its just MY experience) people that want to see a pic straight away aren't really that bothered about what's in your head.

Just a thought :-)

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 6:56 am

I have some friends on this site, but other than that, no.

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2008, 9:31 am

I write some emails with this guy i met in WoW. :) Its quite nice, its easier to form what im saying when im writing.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:46 am

I have a lot of online friends. I actually speak to a few on the phone regularly as well.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:58 am

Nope. People that I talk to come and go, but there is no real connection that keeps it beyond the exchange of information. As far as this site is concerned I've been here just under a year and I have 16 messages. And only 4 of those are 'greetings' type messages. And of those they're all at least 5 months old.

So yeah, online life is just as lonely as offline.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:26 am

I've got one friend I've made online. We've interacted at several different online sites not related to autism, and we email back and forth every once in a while when we're not interacting on forums. It's not like how I thought friendship would be - it's more like we're in it together and we may as well look out for each other. More like being sisters in a way, rather than the "wow, I really like this person" kind of thing. It's just someone I ended up knowing on a long term basis, and if we don't chat for a while, we can start up again no big deal.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:51 pm

I've never had online friends until I joined this site. I am glad I have the pleasure of speaking to them. :D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

22 May 2008, 2:13 pm

I've made quite a few online friends from this website.
Some of them have become really good friends, even though i've only ever talked to them online.
I've talked to one person who I met here on the phone once and that was good.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:14 pm

All of my online friends are on this website, despite the fact that none of them really talk to me anymore. My boyfriend started out as an online friend on here too.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:18 pm

I've had quite a few online friends...lost touch with a lot of them over the years, though =/

But there are a few I've been talking to for almost ten years.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:49 pm

I have like one online friend on Myspace. He's so awesome! I haven't spoken to him in awhile, so I better log on and see what he's up to...

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 5:31 pm

I've garnered a few friends on the Internet over the years, but I don't speak to any of them as much as I should do. On this site, I haven't made any real friends yet. It's the cow, I tells ya. 'Tis cursed.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 5:39 pm

i had a few friends through online games but once i stop playing the friendship vanishes as well

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:44 pm

I have found many friends around the world on the Siamese Internet Cat Club.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:48 pm

drybones wrote:
i had a few friends through online games but once i stop playing the friendship vanishes as well

This. I probably have more online friends than real life ones...