Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 6:05 am

i have a dog though since we got her i have become allergic. i wonder if i am a cat person?

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2008, 7:41 pm

I'm a big time cat lover. I also tend to have more love for my feline friends than other humans... although that's certainly not to say that I don't care about things going on in the world where the human race is concerned. I just love my cats and feel more empathy towards them.

Featherways
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2008, 10:56 am

We've always had cats and/or dogs and I wouldn't be without them. It's so much easier to relax when there's animals around. I really wish they'd do more research into adults being assisted by those Assistance Dogs. At the moment the charities say they're focusing just on young children. Why, I wonder? Young children already have an adult with them when they go somewhere. We rarely have anyone at all (sigh).

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 12:25 pm

I talk to my cats all the time :) It was even worse when I wasn't married and had no boyfriend...lol

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 12:30 pm

5thelement wrote:
I often recognise the dogs but not their owners :)

I get into trouble sometimes because I have no problem remembering dogs' names, but I generally forget the owners' names. It's not really that I like dogs better, it's just that they're better able to catch my attention.

ssenkrad
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2008, 6:00 pm

Wow, lots of cat and dog lovers here. I hate them. Hate. How do you deal with the inevitable filth they produce? The hair and smell all over your furniture, car, and clothing? And how do you relate to something that has such a rigid, predictable, and finite set of emotions? It's like having an emotional attachment to a computer, or something. Not hating, I'd just like to see what people answer.

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2008, 11:04 pm

I love dogs!! ! I have three dogs and I like to pet them and play with them. I also have 2 cats and three horses.

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2008, 11:21 pm

When I was little, my dad bought me a puppy, thinking it would help "open me up." It didn't work at all. I totally ignored the thing, so it ended up being his dog.

I don't do pets. It takes effort to empathize and communicate with people, and that's hard enough. But animals? Forget it. They don't use or understand language. They're not sentient. They s**t and piss all over the place and make irritating noises all night. At least comatose humans stay in one place and don't make much noise. Pets aren't for me, and I've had people question my humanity when they find this out about me, and it really pisses me off.

That said, I do better with cats than dogs when I go to someone's house. My dad never got a cat (too "sissy" for him, I guess) so I have virtually no experience, but it is possible that I might be a cat person, but just a little. Not enough to go out and get one. I don't think I'd be capable of caring for it. I'm afraid that I might end up neglecting the poor thing, unwittingly of course, which would be tragic. :(