*§*AS-Parent Support Group*§*

Page 24 of 24 [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Would you like a separate forum for AS Parents?
Yes 76%  76%  [ 142 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 17 ]
Maybe 14%  14%  [ 26 ]
Other option, please expand in thread 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 188

dignitas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2010, 2:54 pm

she has AS, and has every excuse in the book of reason why not to do anything, most of the time there is a pun and it makes us laugh. I have AS also, so it is very difficult for me not to get pressured into enraged moments. Especially when she 1 up's us, I am tired of being stumped by a 4 year old and the 3 year old is soooo nice but is learning bad habits from the 4 year old with AS. She also comments that she is the root of all evil and her favorite shows are good versus evil things and she loves bad guys. I.e Phebus and Firb her favorite guy is Doctor Duffisberg. And on comment with the laughing part here is an example of one of our conversations, I said what came first the chicken or the egg, she would reply the chicken. I would ask why did the chicken come first, she would respond "why would God make a baby with no daddy that would be mean" the irony is she doesn't believe in religion but may be an agnostic. So, i feel the child has picked up on all of our vices as a family and prods us. And no matter how stern we are or remind her we are the parents, she is able to one up us in conversation and she is only 4. Nightsun I feel that "normal with in ourselves" but my daughter needs to eat. How can I explain to her the importance of food and make it sink in. She knows what happens when you don't eat, the headaches stomach aches malnuritment. We try not to talk about death but she brings it up. so any help on this little situation of eating?

jaleece52
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2010, 4:45 pm

Glad to see many votes for your idea! Hope it becomes a reality-- :!:

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 6:31 am

dignitas wrote:
We try not to talk about death but she brings it up. so any help on this little situation of eating?

We had many eating problems with our daughter, now (actually this last week) is getting better. She is finally autonomous about eating. She had many problem with reflux and always (as our son) refused to eat "baby-food" or liquid food. She only eat a few different foods and go tantrum when you try to introduce something new. We was very severe with food, we usually accommodate her food preferences but we want her to eat. Now (she will be 3 next week) she eats by her selves. A method we used was counting like:
- you must eat 10 peaces of meat and then you can watch tv. Counting down each one from 10 to 1. Yes it's strange to see a child counting food but at lest she is eating now.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:34 pm

Hello everyone.

I have created a post over in the "WrongPlanet.net" forum asking Alex to create a forum just for AS parents. I had not seen this thread previously and after Aimless brought it to my attention I thought I would try and enlist your help. If you could please drop by and post a brief comment on why you think this would be a good idea I would appreciate it and we may be able to achieve a separate place for these discussions.. I have a separate thread posted to direct Alex's attention to the idea as the Mods have already indicated that this is a decision that can only be made at that level.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt148775.html

Thanks.