do you find autistic girls attractive?

Page 29 of 31 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:59 pm

Everyone is an individual so it's difficult to box every single girl under one label, one might be good with art, another good with language, another good at practical things like bricklaying or painting.

People have different interests, I might get lost looking at architecture or interior architecture for hours whereas a girl who's more scientific minded might enjoy looking around the science museum.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

I went back and looked at the first, albeit ancient page of this thread and it specifically relates to outward appearance.....so maybe Aspiesandra and I weren't too far off. Maybe it has evolved since then but I believe that was the original intent.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2013, 2:59 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
I went back and looked at the first, albeit ancient page of this thread and it specifically relates to outward appearance.....so maybe Aspiesandra and I weren't too far off. Maybe it has evolved since then but I believe that was the original intent.

From the original post, "...Problem is, that the ones in my area are sheltered, unappealing, and very awkward..." And, many of the comments from page 1 of the discussion had to do with the usual autistic "awkwardness," with very little discussion of physical attributes. Appearance has to do with much more than physical attributes. One of the hard and challenging realities of being autistic is that the dynamics of appearance are extremely important to NT's.

As an example, let's consider your picture in your avatar. You make the dress look good, your hair is stylish complimenting your facial features, and your glasses are quite fashionable. However, there are no dynamics - your aren't moving. Yes, you are making a gesture of some sort, but there is no motion or dynamic lack of motion. Total there-in-person appearance is complex.

I went back and snagged a couple of snippets from my first comment: "...I find approximately one in twelve women attractive..." and "...Physically, the two sets of women both autistic and NT must be physically about the same. However, I find a higher percentage of autistic women attractive, so the commonality of autism must have some positive effect in my perception..."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 5:46 am

NTs find aspies repulsive!....just kidding! Hehe no they don't at least ones that aren't ignorant. Some find us asds iresistible and adorable with our quirks! *runs from Ilovemyaspie to avoid being tickled* teehee!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 10:29 am

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:

From the original post, "...Problem is, that the ones in my area are sheltered, unappealing, and very awkward..." And, many of the comments from page 1 of the discussion had to do with the usual autistic "awkwardness," with very little discussion of physical attributes. Appearance has to do with much more than physical attributes. One of the hard and challenging realities of being autistic is that the dynamics of appearance are extremely important to NT's.

As an example, let's consider your picture in your avatar. You make the dress look good, your hair is stylish complimenting your facial features, and your glasses are quite fashionable. However, there are no dynamics - your aren't moving. Yes, you are making a gesture of some sort, but there is no motion or dynamic lack of motion. Total there-in-person appearance is complex.

I went back and snagged a couple of snippets from my first comment: "...I find approximately one in twelve women attractive..." and "...Physically, the two sets of women both autistic and NT must be physically about the same. However, I find a higher percentage of autistic women attractive, so the commonality of autism must have some positive effect in my perception..."

I have seen quite a few "sheltered, unappealing and very awkward looking" NT's-at my job alone!! Lol

When I've told some of my good friends that I really liked "so and so" I got "he's CUTE". Now mind you NO ONE knows he has AS. He's not overly expressive but other NT's do find him attractive. I guess what I'm getting at is if you're attractive you're attractive, whether you're smiling, just sitting there emotionless or whatever. I've never heard my friends say "he'd be cute if he smiled". I think the awkwardness in itself can be appealing but I don't think it detracts from attractiveness. Sometimes it's kind of an enhancement! None of my NT friends have said "he's super cute but the awkwardness he exudes is a turn
off." I've heard "he's got a goofy walk but it's cute."

People can be superficial. Plain and simple. I don't like superficial. I want you to think I'm physically attractive but
I'd much rather you find my mind and soul attractive. One of my favorite sayings "beauty fades, dumb is forever."

Then there's this thing where you meet someone, get to know them and then they become super sexy :wink: I think that's the best kind of attractiveness it goes deeper than the surface.

My avatar? She may lack dynamic but if you've seen the movie, you'd know she's AWESOME!! Which goes along with the above sentence.

@AspieOtaku *tickle tickle*

theshawngorton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Mar 2013, 10:38 am

Yes, I find them more attractive.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
ShelbyGt500 wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:

I have seen quite a few "sheltered, unappealing and very awkward looking" NT's-at my job alone!! Lol

When I've told some of my good friends that I really liked "so and so" I got "he's CUTE". Now mind you NO ONE knows he has AS. He's not overly expressive but other NT's do find him attractive. I guess what I'm getting at is if you're attractive you're attractive, whether you're smiling, just sitting there emotionless or whatever. I've never heard my friends say "he'd be cute if he smiled". I think the awkwardness in itself can be appealing but I don't think it detracts from attractiveness. Sometimes it's kind of an enhancement! None of my NT friends have said "he's super cute but the awkwardness he exudes is a turn
off." I've heard "he's got a goofy walk but it's cute."

People can be superficial. Plain and simple. I don't like superficial. I want you to think I'm physically attractive but
I'd much rather you find my mind and soul attractive. One of my favorite sayings "beauty fades, dumb is forever."

Then there's this thing where you meet someone, get to know them and then they become super sexy :wink: I think that's the best kind of attractiveness it goes deeper than the surface.

My avatar? She may lack dynamic but if you've seen the movie, you'd know she's AWESOME!! Which goes along with the above sentence.

@AspieOtaku *tickle tickle*
*laughs and squirms uncontrollably!*

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 10:08 am

Physically, I tend to find aspies attractive about the same percentage of the time as NT's. Personality-wise, there have been some that I had some initial interest in, but so far I haven't really found any that I have been able to click with that well. I guess it's been difficult for me to make connections with women on the spectrum due to social difficulties on both ends, as well as differences in interests ("special" or otherwise), and then there's the issue that a lot of women with AS are sensitive to touch and therefore aren't very interested in intimacy. That's not a trait that I have.

Of course, my luck with NT women hasn't exactly been that great, either.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 3:01 am

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
aspiesandra27 wrote:
Isn't this like asking, if all black women are attractive? As an example?

Too much of a generalisation? Or are all autistic women meant to look a "certain" way?

I haven't read the whole thread, so pardon me, if I am asking repeated questions.

The question implicitly asks if the commonality of autism is a factor in attraction. Keeping mind, autism can be a hugely negative factor in many relationships. Since a lot of factors go into attractiveness, and body language seems to be one of them, a parameter that addresses body language seems reasonable to me. So, it's really a specific instance of the general issue of how autism affects relationships.

Hmm, maybe there is something to that. I just looked at the latest article on WP (http://www.wrongplanet.net/article444.html) by Maja Toudal, who may be better known here as TheAnMish. I definitely find her attractive in the videos posted on that channel, but not in the pictures on the article page. (I would not have recognised her in those pictures, actually.) I think the difference would come down to facial expression and body language. In the videos she just looks so sincere and real and in those photos - she doesn't. Of course, she is very good-looking in both, yet I somehow ignore that in the photos because they look like any other "glamour shots". (I hope she doesn't read this and get offended, as she obviously put effort into looking good in those photographs, but... it hasn't worked on this aspie. :))

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 4:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f80P40VO1uY[/youtube] Heres an autistic girl saying I love you! Ahh the beautiful monotone! hehe

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 8:07 pm

Guilty as charged, especially if they show an NT side.

But then again, finding an aspie girl like myself I feel will be a next to near impossible chance. Turns out girls of my fantasy are as rare as triple rainbows.

If you want to know more, PM me because I could rant about this. :-)

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 8:18 pm

Northeastern292 wrote:

But then again, finding an aspie girl like myself I feel will be a next to near impossible chance. Turns out girls of my fantasy are as rare as triple rainbows.

I know too well what you are talking about.

I'm one of those "NT-aspies" myself. Where are the hot, sporty, NT-like aspie girls. Those who are aspies but live an NT-life with lots of make-up, high heels and pink underwear...okay maybe not exactly but you get my point :)

Last edited by qawer on 01 Apr 2013, 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

It's all in the neural pathways

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

qawer wrote:
Northeastern292 wrote:

I know too well what you are talking about.

I'm one of those "NT-aspies" myself. Where are the hot, sporty, NT-like aspie girls. Those who are aspies but live an NT-life with lots of make-up, high heels and pink underwear...okay maybe not exactly but you get my point :)

Exactly. I know I'm going to get some dirty stares, but Alexis Wineman can't be the only autie like herself. I've come across aspie girls who are in sororities, in fact, I know of two, and went to college with one of them. My point exactly (albeit partly). Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:12 pm

Time to make aspie babies!

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 10:17 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Time to make aspie babies!

I was laughing as I read this. But yeah, in a few years, we're going to be a much more significant minority group than we are today.