Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

23 May 2008, 11:13 pm

Every time I am online chatting or my boyfriend has to leave, same as my parents if they are here visiting me, but instead they don't leave when they say they have to go. It drives me crazy. I feel frustrated, invaded.

Just earlier I thought my boyfriend was heading out now to go to work because he was all ready to go and the fact he said he loved me and kissed me. But he didn't leave. He always does all this before he goes but this time he didn't so it drove me crazy. He said he didn't have to leave for another eight minutes. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Oh yeah and when your online friends tell you they have to go now but instead they don't log off right away, they keep IMing you instead and you're like "bye." Do some of them really have to do all these IMs before they get off? All they have to do is say "I got to go ttyl," and get off. Not say that, then continuing IMing you and saying all sort of other stuff.
One time one of my old online friends thought I wanted to get rid of him when I said to him "I thought you were getting off."
One time I got accused of being rude when I got irritated with him IMing me when he said he was getting off because his IM window kept popping up while I was doing something else and it was annoying. I kept thinking it was his last IM every time. Now I just keep the window open instead of clicking on the X in case they don't get off right away and still keep IMing me because they think they have to say all these words before they officially log off.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:18 pm

Yep...I find it very annoying. They say their going ..in my mind I am done socializing and ready to get back to my interests...then I am stuck between worlds with nothing to do...my head is done with them because they said so but it's rude to start my interests...couldn't anyway cause it's to destracting to have them still there....so, yep.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:19 pm

I don't like this either. I also don't like it when I am listening to someone talking on the phone...waiting for them to finish or not...and they say "ok. well I have to go do ____ and I will talk to you later" but it never ends there, something else gets remembered that they have to talk about. And another thing, when people are on the phone and I have to listen to "ok bye...no you hang up first...no you hang up first...no you hang up first...ok I'm hanging up...bye..." Sometimes I feel like smacking them, but that wouldn't be nice. But I know what you mean. It drives me crazy! :D

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2008, 11:51 pm

Yeah I get annoyed by this in real life mostly, but on the phone and online too. Sometimes the saying goodbye routine takes 5 mins, including a recap of the whole conversation and 'seeya, ok, bye, see you saturday, ok laters, got to go, bye.." ARGH. I fight back against the inanity with a simple "I'm going now, goodbye" and then leaving right away. Mmmm efficient simplicity.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:51 pm

I absolutely hate it when my mom tells me we're going to leave, but we wind up hanging around the house for like 15 - 20 minutes before we actually go anywhere.

23 May 2008, 11:59 pm

^ ^

I also hated that too when my parents did that to me. They say we were leaving and I come upstairs and bam I be out in the car and I be sitting in there waiting and wondering what is taking my family so long. I would eventually head back in the house to see what was going on, turns out my mother had to put on some make up or my Dad had to find his wallet, or they had to do something before we actually left. It always irritated me. I could have been still downstairs on the computer chatting as they were doing all that and then tell me they were leaving and we all head out instead of telling me and then they have to find their wallet and purse or my mother having to put on her make up. Oh yeah and my brothers having to do something too like my brother is in the shower when my mother said we were leaving.

IpsoRandomo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2008, 11:59 pm

Funny, I don't usually mind when that stuff happens.

I usually make sure that I'm the second-to-last person out.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:11 am

I hate it to, though I have been known to be guilty of it. Usually because as I'm typing, 'I've gotta go', someone else is typing something interesting that I must then chat about for a few mins.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

BitsandWires
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2008, 8:11 am

That gets me too, and I know why. If anyone is around I have a heightened atmosphere, as soon as I know they're gone I'm myself in my world again. It's a big difference to me.

I guess on chat it's just mildly annoying... :)

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2008, 8:45 am

Yes! This annoys me! In fact, I don't respond online when people do it. All the, "night night" "sleep tight" "<3!" and crap gets OLD. You said you had to go, so go!

And when my husband says he's leaving, or someone else says they can't stay long I get really upset inside when they in fact, don't leave.. or they stay LONGER. I can't plan my own self around things if they don't do what they're supposed to.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2008, 9:01 am

At least on the phone you can feign some sort of emergency that desperately requires your attention.... as you can with Instant Messenger programs (which I don't use any more)...

In person though.... I take it with a pinch of salt when someone claims they're leaving, and will even pull them up on it if they seem to change their mind. It is a challenge to do this without seeming like I'm trying to get rid of them, but I usually seem to manage.
It isn't fun though. Never fun.