Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BitsandWires
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2008, 9:19 am

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=31982704

This video made me sick to my stomach. Then I read myspace user comments, obviously a wonderful gene pool collection there.

I hate this world.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:37 am

I heard someone mention Jenny Mccarthy the other day about autism and how brave she is. How she "cured" her son.

Jenny is annoying. If I were a kid, I'd probably be more inclined to open up to Jim Carrey.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:43 am

Why all this hating on Jenny McCarthy?

Anti-curebies are bigots and hypocrites, their main exports scorn and vitriol. Have you talked wih Jenny and heard what she has to say?

:shameonyou:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:51 am

slowmutant wrote:
Why all this hating on Jenny McCarthy?

Anti-curebies are bigots and hypocrites, their main exports scorn and vitriol. Have you talked wih Jenny and heard what she has to say?

:shameonyou:

I have not personally spoken with the woman, but I have heard what she has to say and it is a load of bull. Curebies are the bigots and hypocrites, wanting to fix something that ain't broke and twisting numbers around until they get the answers they want.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:57 am

Sounds like self-satisfaction to me. Things ain't broke because you say so? A lot of parents might disagree with you on that one. You can't know what it's like trying to raise an austistic child. Don't assume you know. You really saying, Don't fix me cause I ain't broke.

Last edited by slowmutant on 24 May 2008, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

BitsandWires

24 May 2008, 9:59 am

How about spending just a small part of that money to make a real campaign. It's only goal would be to spread truth about autism, and bring up some good points as well as bad. Show some scientists, inventors, and functioning people for once.

A "Cure" is not likely anytime soon. I'm not against research. This isnt research. The only immediate help we could get right now is truth. Maybe then could more of the afflicted with gifted traits be able to use them, without being labeled special needs and a waste of life. I'm not speaking for myself one bit, but how children are currently treated.

But money gets to speak and people listen.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:00 am

slowmutant wrote:
Sounds like self-satisfaction to me. Things ain't broke because you say so? A lot of parents might disagree with you on that one. You can't know what it's like trying to raise an austistic child. Don't assume you know.

I do. Nice try at trying to make it seem as though only those who raise autistic children are for a cure.

Jenny thinks her son is cured because he can speak. HELLO!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:02 am

What is this ever-elusive "truth" about autism? Why should I believe you have it and not someone else, someone out there and campaigning?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:04 am

slowmutant wrote:
Sounds like self-satisfaction to me. Things ain't broke because you say so? A lot of parents might disagree with you on that one. You can't know what it's like trying to raise an austistic child. Don't assume you know. You really saying, Don't fix me cause I ain't broke.

The paranoia and lies McCarthy spreads are dangerous to children. You aren't going to get around that with an appeal to the difficulties of parenting.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:06 am

Quote:
I have not personally spoken with the woman, but I have heard what she has to say and it is a load of bull. Curebies are the bigots and hypocrites, wanting to fix something that ain't broke and twisting numbers around until they get the answers they want.

You'd never be so dishonest with your own numbers, would you? You'd present them as they were, even if they didn't support your claims, right? Hmmm.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:12 am

slowmutant wrote:
What is this ever-elusive "truth" about autism? Why should I believe you have it and not someone else, someone out there and campaigning?

I don't care what you believe. I know it and I'm not here to please you.

I meant that I am also raising autistic child. What Jenny is saying is rubbish. She's spreading rubbish and autism doesn't just go away. I don't think she should be spreading false hope.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:13 am

slowmutant wrote:
You'd never be so dishonest with your own numbers, would you? You'd present them as they realy were, even if they didn't support your claims? Hmmm.

If you would like to point out a time when I have been dishonest with numbers, go ahead. I am studying to go into research; the kind of dishonesty shown by Autism Speaks and Jenny McCarthy would put me out of a career.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 2:40 pm

Don't tell me Jim Carrey buys into this hooplah too :?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:06 pm

reminds me of the days when they could 'cure' being gay...humph...it's always something.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:52 pm

if he has to be gf/cf, he is not 'cured'.

just like a person who has diabetes but controls it with insulin is not cured.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 4:04 pm

pakled wrote:
reminds me of the days when they could 'cure' being gay...humph...it's always something.

or being communist. as if political ideals are something you can cure (or sexual orientation for that matter).

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net