Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:39 am

if we start to cure problems in the mind we start to engineer minds, we will lose uniquness

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 5:44 am

LOL, thanks grain-and-field, do I win a prize for best post :wink:

I have somewhat of an open mind on Jenny because she seems to be very passionate, and while I do believe she seems to be using some of the controversy to sell books and DVDs, I honestly believe she adores her son and wants what's best for him.

I do wish I (or one of us) could sit down with Jenny and educate her on things like The Autism Acceptance Project, Aspies for Freedom and other pro Autism groups. When Oprah asked if Evan was cured, Jenny said it was like a car accident: you heal but still have "boo boos." Basically Evan's remaining Autie behaviors (hand flapping, obsessions) she considerers boo boos. She says she will work the rest of his life to get rid of the boo boos. I would like to reeducate her to accept those boo boos as part of the Aspergers experience, and to embrace them rather than stomp them out. She could do a lot of good for the Autism Rights movement if she would get off the vaccination bandwagon. Whether you agree with the Crystal Children belief or not, it is a much more positive view of Autism than "a terrible disease caused by vaccines, poor diet and yeast."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:50 am

aspergers can be said it is like alot of things that people thought were problems, such as homo sexuality and they have said that is what god made them like. thats what should be said about aspergers that thats what god wants us to be like. and i dont want the next person to post something about there is no god, im talking to the guy whos avatars wearing a hood(sorry i forgot your name, im aspergers remember)

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 12:24 pm

Ok, I'll post next then. I'm not religious but I have had mystical experiences so I'll vouch that God exists, whatever God is. As far as God's purpose, I don't have a clue. Wish I did, though.

I don't know anything about Jenny McCarthy, but from what I've seen of people in general, most people don't really know that much, including all the so-called experts, so we all just muddle through. I hope her kid is ok, though.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 12:54 pm

Shelby wrote:
LOL, thanks grain-and-field, do I win a prize for best post :wink:

I have somewhat of an open mind on Jenny because she seems to be very passionate, and while I do believe she seems to be using some of the controversy to sell books and DVDs, I honestly believe she adores her son and wants what's best for him.

I do wish I (or one of us) could sit down with Jenny and educate her on things like The Autism Acceptance Project, Aspies for Freedom and other pro Autism groups. When Oprah asked if Evan was cured, Jenny said it was like a car accident: you heal but still have "boo boos." Basically Evan's remaining Autie behaviors (hand flapping, obsessions) she considerers boo boos. She says she will work the rest of his life to get rid of the boo boos. I would like to reeducate her to accept those boo boos as part of the Aspergers experience, and to embrace them rather than stomp them out. She could do a lot of good for the Autism Rights movement if she would get off the vaccination bandwagon. Whether you agree with the Crystal Children belief or not, it is a much more positive view of Autism than "a terrible disease caused by vaccines, poor diet and yeast."

That sounds cute what she said on Oprah. :lol:

I don't watch Oprah.

The indigo and crystal concept is better but it's not like she came up with it or anything. So she is aware that he son really isn't cured?

I can't blame just her for other people's ignorance too. I also can't blame just her for Cure Autism Now's obvious campaign shown on Dr. Phil and Oprah which imprints into people's mind how autism is all horrible and dehumanizes those on the spectrum...and people don't get what happens after that.

If someone wants to get annoyed and upset, I would fully understand that too because these converties have been doing this for quite some time. Anyone who doesn't belong in their group gets punished.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 2:45 pm

As my former co-workers even went on record as saying "she should've just stuck to posing for Playboy...the minute she opened her yap, she became REALLY unappealing..."

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 12:40 pm

She was on the local news this morning, and she actually sounded halfway rational.

She was praising the gluten/casien free diet she has recently put her son on, and said it's been working wonders along with therapy and medication. No "cure" talk.

Even the reporter said "There is no cure for autism."

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2008, 2:12 pm

the comments are a laugh. i like the way some try to argue that this is a good camgain and all comes out is "you have no lfe".

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2008, 10:13 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
She was on the local news this morning, and she actually sounded halfway rational.

She was praising the gluten/casien free diet she has recently put her son on, and said it's been working wonders along with therapy and medication. No "cure" talk.

Even the reporter said "There is no cure for autism."

That sounds pretty good, hopefully she's calming down a bit in some of her views. She's brought so much attention to autism, if only she would just bring some positive attention instead of this vaccination BS.