Feeling miserable for no particular reason?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:11 am

How do others cope with this? Lots of posters on WP seem to express varying degrees of sadness through to full blown depression. They (and me) come to WP to feel a bit less alone and to connect with others, but it often feels a bit hollow somehow. Sometimes I log off WP feeling more miserable than when I logged on. I try to be positive and a little humorous with people here, but it sometimes feels like swimming against the tide. I may quit posting, the site is starting to get me down.

(Sorry, I guess this post should have been made in the members or haven forum really)

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2008, 5:28 am

I honestly don't cope much at all. If I've got a mild bit of depression, I just sit back and ride it out. It's never lasted more than couple days.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 7:58 am

Yeah I think a lot of people need to think more positively about things. There has to come a stage that you accept your problems and move on with things.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:34 pm

No particular reason...this hits me sometimes.

Just on Friday, I had a great day spending time with my friends...went to a park and made a mess, had some hot dogs, played some coop Ultimate DOOM...great times.

I get home and I feel depressed for no reason at all :?

Turned on the TV and let Unwrapped and Good Eats take my mind off things...even though my mind wasn't on anything...

Maybe I was just overloaded a bit or something?

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:43 pm

I put music on and just make myself feel part of my own community.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:46 pm

Thomas1138 wrote:
I honestly don't cope much at all. If I've got a mild bit of depression, I just sit back and ride it out. It's never lasted more than couple days.

I usually do the same.

Those who know, don't speak.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 6:07 pm

TallyMan wrote:
How do others cope with this? Lots of posters on WP seem to express varying degrees of sadness through to full blown depression. They (and me) come to WP to feel a bit less alone and to connect with others, but it often feels a bit hollow somehow. Sometimes I log off WP feeling more miserable than when I logged on. I try to be positive and a little humorous with people here, but it sometimes feels like swimming against the tide. I may quit posting, the site is starting to get me down.

(Sorry, I guess this post should have been made in the members or haven forum really)

You know what, I feel exactly the same. Wherever I go, loneliness is just shoved in my face like a porcupine's infected rear end. But hey, it's been a bad day all round, but for no particular reason. I woke up miserable and I'll be going to bed miserable. I went round to my parents' friends' house today and felt overloaded the moment I stepped through the door. Tomorrow will probably be different. I hope. :?

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 6:10 pm

I usually have days where I don't post on WP at all. Right now, I have one of these moments where I have an urge to post on WP (possibly because I've had about six pints of lager). I don't know why I'm writing so legibly right now :lol:

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 7:02 pm

Try to stay on the more positive parts of the forum that may help .
Good luck in what every you decide to do.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 3:27 am

chocolate and teddy bears and a good book