Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I am caught up in the spirit of polling...
No watch? That's terrible! 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
No watch? That's terrible! 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
...get over it.... 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
...get over it.... 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Yes, it is unreasonable to lose your temper and start throwing things just because you can't find your watch. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Yes, it is unreasonable to lose your temper and start throwing things just because you can't find your watch. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I like watching the second hand on timepieces 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I like watching the second hand on timepieces 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I'm hungry. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I'm hungry. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 32

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 7:59 am

Sean wrote:
I don't like to leave the house without my watch, so luckily I found a type of watch 15 years ago made by Casio that only costs about $25 and lasts about 5-7 years. 8) I usually go through a couple of wristbands on each though, but those are cheap and abundant.

Casio watches are nice. My dad has one that he's had for about 30 years. The battery has died and he's had to get both that and the watchband replaced more times than he says he can remember, but it's amazing how long watches can last. As for my watch, I had to get another wristband because the one it came with was a nasty velcro one. :x

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 8:33 am

Sean wrote:
What if you bought a really cheap watch until your other one gets fixed?

Yeah, really. Wal-Mart has cheap watches for about $15.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 6:26 pm

I have a casio wave ceptor which is solar powered and sets itself to the atomic clock. I take it off to shower, otherwise I don't remove it. I collected watches for a while and so sometimes I try to switch, but I don't like the lack of accuracy of other watches. I have a collection of watches that run on kinetics or solar power. I get a little ill if I don't have a watch with me. When I travel I carry at least three. I like them with perks like multiple alarms (the casio has 6), entertainment (had 2 baby g watches, one with a break dancer and another with a cat than ran), multiple time zones, etc.

Oops. We were talking about missing one's watch, weren't we?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill