Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Jun 2008, 4:01 am

Just realised, half last night, and fully this morning, that my believing in god acts like a meditation tool/mantra for focussing.

The process of discussing various aspects of Buddhism and spiritualities on here must have "tuned me into" the importance of being aware of thoughts passing in head and ignoring them etc , because I suddenly noticed for the first time that when I say to myself "I believe in god", ( last night for example, before going to sleep, and again this morning), it focusses me. It is impossible for me to "believe in god" without being "here and now", chatter stilled. That is one of the reasons why it always feels like such a relief. Because it stops my mental blah blah'ing.

That was an interesting discovery.

oscuria wrote:
How and where can you walk when you have blinded yourself?

It occurred to me that my being oppositionally defiantly AS may be relevant. I have a very Aspergers need, which my parents remarked on resignedly or exasperatedly depending on their humour at the time, to find out for myself, to learn by experience only, to take ( almost) nothing important to me on trust. This is however not at all the same thing as blinding myself.

Thus most writings are, at best, more like companions than guides to me. I am hugely glad when I find them on the same route as me, and perhaps pointing out some interesting new path that I hadn't noticed before. But the idea of accepting, and following, without trial/experiment, the spiritual discoveries/experiences of others is alien/seriously oppressive/unhelpful to me.

Objective data is very useful at all times though. :wink:

:study:

Last edited by ouinon on 04 Jun 2008, 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Jun 2008, 4:12 am

slowmutant wrote:
I don't think you are quite lucid. Your writing doesn't make sense.

If you tell me what it was that you couldn't make sense of perhaps I could elucidate it for you. :)

:study: