Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 1:35 pm

obama has crap ideas. but to his credit, of the three main runners, his ideas are the least crap....but still a huge stinking pile of feces all the same.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 1:46 pm

skafather84 wrote:
obama has crap ideas. but to his credit, of the three main runners, his ideas are the least crap....but still a huge stinking pile of feces all the same.

He is quite a good public speaker , you have to give him that.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:06 pm

Speckles wrote:
I think I might post this in every thread that Ragtime tries to make a mountain out of a molehill with Obama.

Feel free to, but I don't support McCain.
Obama is simply a joke by himself.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:09 pm

just-me wrote:
peebo wrote:
just-me wrote:
(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name.

what exactly is a terrorist name?? not all too long ago brendan mahoney would also sound like a terrorist name according to your logic. do you not think your statement is ever so slightly prejudiced?

timothy mcveigh?

david copeland?
:?

Your right, that was very unfair of me to say and I apologize . My statement was driven by fear, but I guess all prejudices are driven by fear.

...And experience. What the Muslims did to us on September 11th affected us all, and still affects us deeply today,
as it should, even while it is but a tiny percentage of the total number of Muslim terror attacks on the United States
throughout its history.

You may apologize for expressing your concerns so candidly if you wish,
but your concerns are logical and well-founded.

I, personally, don't want a Muslim running the country, and I'm not ashamed to say so.
This is America, and those who would seek to silence me from saying so are not true believers in American freedom,
or any basic freedom of speech for that matter.

Last edited by Ragtime on 28 May 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:14 pm

just-me wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

He is quite a good public speaker , you have to give him that.

...When he's reading from the teleprompter. (In other words, he's a good public reader.)

But when he's speaking off-the-cuff, he's all over the map, in both moral tone and factual accuracy.

Last edited by Ragtime on 28 May 2008, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:20 pm

Ragtime wrote:
...And experience. What the Muslims did to us on September 11th affected us all,

the muslims didn't do anything you ignorant, hateful pile of pig excrement. the terrorists do not represent muslims as a whole just as you do not represent christianity on a whole (as many are thankful for).

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:21 pm

Barack Obama isn't really Muslim, you know. He belongs to a church in Chicago, though recently he's denounced his pastor J. Wright. The whole "secret Muslim" story is just a nasty bit of propagnda. I don't buy it, and I'm not even American.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:26 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Barack Obama isn't really Muslim, you know. He belongs to a church in Chicago, though recently he's denounced his pastor J. Wright. The whole "secret Muslim" story is just a nasty bit of propagnda. I don't buy it, and I'm not even American.

Who can really say with certainty what a public figure's inner beliefs are?
All we can view is the evidence, whichever way it points.
I think it's wishful thinking to say Obama is definitely not a Muslim,
or not biased toward Islam in any way, given his background.
And Obama's church membership is highly believed to have been
to provide him with street credit so he could eventually run for office as a
true representative of all blacks, not just the elitist, rich, privileged ones
like Obama himself was.

He went to the richest prep school in Hawaii, then onto Harvard,
even though his speech, especially when unscripted, reveals him to be
an ignoramus regarding subjects like American History.

Last edited by Ragtime on 28 May 2008, 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2008, 2:33 pm

Ragtime wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

And it points to him not being a Muslim. Geez :roll:

And even if it did, Muslim != Evil Terrorist. There's nothing inheriently wrong with being Muslim. Saying that every Muslim is effectively part of al Queda is like saying that every Christian is effectively part of the Ku Klux Klan.

Like I have said repeatedly, prove the connection. If it's so obvious, then that'll be very easy.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:36 pm

Speckles wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

And even if it did, Muslim != Evil Terrorist. There's nothing inheriently wrong with being Muslim. Saying that every Muslim is effectively part of al Queda is like saying that every Christian is effectively part of the Ku Klux Klan.

Like I have said repeatedly, prove the connection. If it's so obvious, then that'll be very easy.

As so many here do, you're making up claims and then attributing them to me.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:38 pm

just-me wrote:
(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name. I don't like the man but I don't like McCain or Hillary much either. But if I had to choose someone it would be Hillary or McCain because honestly Obama scares the crap out of me 8O

racist b***h

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2008, 2:42 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Speckles wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

As so many here do, you're making up claims and then attributing them to me.

Well, what exactly is your problem with Islam? You've repeatedly insinuated that Islam is an inheirently violent and evil religion. If it has nothing to do with terrorist connections, what exactly is your problem with Muslims?

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 3:45 pm

i have to agree with skafather, ragtime, you are among the vilest and most pernicious members of this forum.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 3:58 pm

The 9/11 attacks were the responsibility of a group of terrorists, using their own interpretation of Islamic theology as a thin justification for their actions. Saying that the attacks were the work of Muslims, and that we should therefore be afraid of anyone whose name even hints at Middle Eastern origins, is not dissimilar from saying that the child-molesting Catholic priests mean that all Christians are pedophiles, and that you should never entrust your children to anyone whose name hints at Western European origins.

Incidentally, what are all these attacks you attribute to Islamic terrorists, Rags? The only ones I can come up with are 9/11, the attempt in the '90s at car-bombing the World Trade Center (perpetrated by the same group as 9/11, incidentally), the bombing of the USS Cole, and if you care to stretch the definition of "Islamic" about as far as it will go, the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut in the '80s. (Technically, after all, an overseas US military base is American soil...) That's four. 1/4 is not a "small fraction", as you would seem to allege.

Similarly, Rags, your concern about "never knowing what's in a man's heart" also makes no sense. How can you know, beyond any doubt, that John McCain isn't a Satanist, looking to sell our national soul to the Devil the moment he takes office? How can you be sure - really sure - that Hillary Clinton is not in fact a psychotic killer who is seeking the Presidency as part of an elaborate plot to assassinate you specifically? If your standard of assurance is "absolute certainty", you can look forward to a future of cowering in fear of everyone and everything. Enjoy.

(As another aside, just-me, Indonesia is not a "Muslim country" - there is a sizeable population of Islamics there, as well as a large number of Catholics and Buddhists. The government is, so far at least, secular. That was part of the reason for the bombing of that hotel in Bali a few years back. And the school Barack Obama attended while living there as a child was a secular government-run school, not a madrassa, despite rumor-mongering to the contrary.)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 4:02 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
just-me wrote:
(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name. I don't like the man but I don't like McCain or Hillary much either. But if I had to choose someone it would be Hillary or McCain because honestly Obama scares the crap out of me 8O

racist b***h

Hey, at least she's honest! Which is more than can be said for a lot of posters on WP.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 4:03 pm

oscuria wrote:
Oh you libbies are ever the humble group.

I like how you can just label someone so easily. I think most people here are moderate actually.