Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 11:48 am

Obama sees dead people. 8O

In his Memorial Day speech, Barack Hussein Obama said, in a stiff and halting growl:

Quote:
On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes --
and I see many of them in the audience today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

On Memorial Day, we honor those who have died serving our country.
But Obama sees them standing in his audience.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 11:57 am

And how is he any more unusual than someone who believes some big dude in the clouds is watching over us?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 12:38 pm

I think that was a figure of speech. And for the record, I do not think of GOD as a big dude in the clouds, watching me. That's a pretty simplistic way of putting it. It does sound stupid when you put it that way. Heaven is not somewhere in the upper atmosphere of this planet, either.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 12:44 pm

Obviously not. It's in another galaxy long ago and far away. May the farce be with you.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 May 2008, 1:44 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Quote:
On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes --
and I see many of them in the audience today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

It is just one of those errors which insurance companies love to publish from their claim archives, for laughs, from time to time, in which people attempting to describe as concisely as possible an accident end up confusing/confounding one object with another. Either a poor speech writer, or a slip, or something that passes for correct now after years of sloppy expression in the media.

He just meant "heroes" in the audience, forgetting the "dead" nature attached to the ones he had so far referred to! :wink:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 2:07 pm

It's a religious figure of speech. The Obama-haters have nothing better to do then to invent a big deal out of nothing, apparently. :roll:

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2008, 4:44 pm

McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c[/youtube]

I think I might post this in every thread that Ragtime tries to make a mountain out of a molehill with Obama.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:44 am

(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name. I don't like the man but I don't like McCain or Hillary much either. But if I had to choose someone it would be Hillary or McCain because honestly Obama scares the crap out of me 8O

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:46 am

Obama sees dead people. 8O

lol that did make me laugh preety hard though :lol:
Good joke Ragtime
:thumright:

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2008, 2:50 am

I am the ghost of RFK
and I say..

this message was brought
to you by Barack Obama

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 4:13 am

Sand wrote:
May the farce be with you.

*Quatermass laughs like Kefka.*

On sabbatical...

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 4:17 am

Sand wrote:
May the farce be with you.

hahahahahaha

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 4:21 am

just-me wrote:
(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name.

what exactly is a terrorist name?? not all too long ago brendan mahoney would also sound like a terrorist name according to your logic. do you not think your statement is ever so slightly prejudiced?

timothy mcveigh?

david copeland?
:?

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Last edited by peebo on 28 May 2008, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 5:56 am

Oh you libbies are ever the humble group.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 7:40 am

in fact, is this not some what exemplary of the idea that was discussed in the 1984 thread regarding language? the word terrorism, over the past several years has now become synonymous with islam. even a name which seems remotely arabic or islamic immediately invites calls of "TERRORIST!! !", regardless of the actions or intentions of the bearer of that name...

Adam Smith

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 1:31 pm

peebo wrote:
just-me wrote:
(Barack Hussein Obama .) Even his name sounds like a terrorist name.

what exactly is a terrorist name?? not all too long ago brendan mahoney would also sound like a terrorist name according to your logic. do you not think your statement is ever so slightly prejudiced?

timothy mcveigh?

david copeland?
:?

Your right, that was very unfair of me to say and I apologize . My statement was driven by fear, but I guess all prejudices are driven by fear.
I just worry he has other motives , yes the reasons for that are silly , his name , the fact that he spent some of his childhood in a Muslim country . I shouldn't be so quick to judge someone . Thank you peebo for making this apparent to me , I will try and work on changing my views.