Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Whatever the rest of the world thinks, I'm glad I live in America. People don't sail in rubber inner tubes, seal themselves in cargo containers, or hike across the dessert to get to Canada, or France, for that matter. No other country provides as many advantages to it's citizens as America, and the citizens of no other country have as many opportunities. We may not be the best at everything, but we are the best at the things that matter. As to the rest of the world, they can think whatever they want, I really don't care. See how fast they come running next time they have a natural disaster, or El Presidente next door decides to annex their whole country. People like to trash us till they need us, and they never say no to our money or military aide. American dollars are still good anywhere, and anyone can understand English if it's spoken loudly enough, works for me. :D

your serious :lol:
okay um-your education isn't as good as say Sweden, the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Belgum, Austria, Norway...etc
you have guns everywhere!! !!
people don't hide themselves like that because we just let them all in and set them up with phone jobs :roll: oppertunities?
yeah the crooked capitalist war machine :roll: right
your acting just as I joke with all my friends
you think your the best, your country has all the best things
you think if the mexicans and cubans had a choice between america and canada they'd always go to you
f**k no!
we have the same thing going on-Chinese go to vancouver every like day-and now its mostly chinese in many parts
you don't know s**t about anything
and think your the best because illegal aliens come to your country and a few ass holes seem to be rich

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:48 pm

Sand wrote:
But it did happen. The Israelis attacked a US warship in the 6 day war and sunk it and machine gunned survivors. See http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ussliberty.html

The USA does send a lot of money to Israel so I wonder if it really worked.

Uh, right...

No one's interested in your nutty conspiracy theories, Sand.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:49 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Sand wrote:
But it did happen. The Israelis attacked a US warship in the 6 day war and sunk it and machine gunned survivors. See http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ussliberty.html

The USA does send a lot of money to Israel so I wonder if it really worked.

That is because Israel is a crooked theocracy just like most other countries in the mid east. At least in Israel they won't stone you to death for eating pork though.

:lol: Israel is not a theocracy. It's as secular as developed nations get.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:54 pm

Quote:

You've got a point there. Gun culture runs pretty deep. In my part of the country, we usually start kids on their first BB by about the time they start to read, and no household is complete without an M-60. Ostensibly, the guns are just there in case the minorities break out of the walled cities we keep them in, but heck if there isn't a fire fight every time I go to the supermarket. No one gets in trouble cause white people don't get charged with anything, but s**t I'm still carrying a slug in my spleen because I can't afford our crazy expensive capitalist health care. I'd like to go to the city a few times this summer but I'm just petrified of being annihilated in a hail of random bullets (things are pretty tense between those Wall Street robber barons, what with the economy and all).

And yeah, I spent last summer in Guantanamo Bay because I tried to get on a plane but my name just sounded a little too Arab and I had the gall to say GW wasn't the greatest president in the history of the metaverse. Once they let me out of course they wiped my memory and implanted a microchip to monitor my every move. As I type this, democrats (and European tourists) are being rounded up in concentration camps on charges of treason. On top of that, the Religious Right is one step away from establishing a theocracy under which failing to be Christian is a capital offense.

Invading the middle east is to our generation what going to the moon was for the last. I mean, every child is indoctrinated into racist imperialism starting at first grade. After appropriating all of their oil, we are going to burn it all just for kicks to melt the icecaps because the only thing we like less than Pacific Islanders is polar bears. Besides, doing that will give Big Oil an excuse to jack up prices until every dollar people make goes towards their obscene profit margins. Not that they can raise prices much more before the middle class will cease to exist because most Americans live on a bare subsistence level.

And the pro-Israel thing has gotten to the point where denying the holocaust is a crime. Oh wait...

I mean, Canada attracts massive amounts of immigrants from all over the world. That's why its population is smaller then California's and it's ~90% white.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 2:21 pm

The Israeli attack is not a conspiracy theory. It's a recognized fact. Here are several separate sources that confirm it. The evidence is overwhelming. But, judging from your other submissions,
it's obvious that evidence plays very little in your viewpoint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ussliberty.html

http://www.gtr5.com/

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/07/04/31794.html

http://www.rense.com/general47/betey.htm

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 2:44 pm

Kilroy wrote:
your serious :lol:
okay um-your education isn't as good as say Sweden, the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Belgum, Austria, Norway...etc
people don't hide themselves like that because we just let them all in and set them up with phone jobs :roll: oppertunities?
yeah the crooked capitalist war machine :roll: right
your acting just as I joke with all my friends
you think your the best, your country has all the best things
you think if the mexicans and cubans had a choice between america and canada they'd always go to you
f**k no!
we have the same thing going on-Chinese go to vancouver every like day-and now its mostly chinese in many parts
you don't know sh** about anything
and think your the best because illegal aliens come to your country and a few ass holes seem to be rich

Dude, I seriously wouldn't make any cracks about the educational system if the gibberish above is the best you can do, it sort of defines irony... My emotional response to you might be something to the effect of "you're just jealous because you live in a Third World arctic s**thole", but fortunately I'm not a terribly emotional person. Oh, wait... I'm not even going to touch the gun thing, I've already spent too much of my life arguing with brain dead Canucks on that subject. Suffice it to say, my house is packed full of firearms, and none of them has yet gone out the door and shot someone while I'm asleep. Keep up the moon barking though, I can always use a boost to the 'ole credibility. :P

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 2:50 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Dude, I seriously wouldn't make any cracks about the educational system if the gibberish above is the best you can do, it sort of defines irony...

Ahh, beat me to it, darn.

Kilroy wrote:

Yet, we somehow manage to not just survive with all of these terrible engines of death lying around, but thrive! Boggles the mind dosen't it?

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 3:25 pm

We're all living in America
(America)
America ist wunderbar
(America is wonderful)
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

(America)
America ist wunderbar
(America is wonderful)

(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

Wenn getanzt wird will ich führen
(Where there's dancing, I want to lead)
Auch wenn ihr euch alleine dreht
(Even if you turn [dance] alone,)
Lasst euch ein wenig kontrollieren
(Let yourself be controlled a little)
Ich zeige euch wie's richtig geht
(I show you how it's done right)

Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen
(We're lining up nicely)
Die Freiheit spielt auf allen Geigen
(Freedom plays on all violins)
Musik kommt aus dem Weißen Haus
(Music comes from the White House)
Und vor Paris steht Mickey Maus
(And Mickey Mouse is on the outskirts of Paris)
(We're all living in America)

(America)
America ist wunderbar
(America is wonderful)
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

Ich kenne Schritte die sehr nützen
(I know very useful steps)
Und werde euch vor Fehltritt schützen
(And will protect you from mishap)
Und wer nicht tanzen will am Schluss
(And who don't want to dance at the end)
Weiß noch nicht dass er tanzen muss
(Don't know yet that he's [they] got to dance!)

Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen
(We're lining up nicely)
Ich werde euch die Richtung zeigen
(I will show you the direction)
Nach Afrika kommt Santa Claus
(Santa Clause is coming to Africa)
Und vor Paris steht Mickey Maus
(And Mickey Mouse is on the outskirts of Paris)

(America)
America ist wunderbar
(America is wonderful)
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

(America)
Coca-Cola, Wonderbra
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

This is not a love song
This is not a love song
---> I don't sing my (mother's) tongue
No, this is not a love song

(America)
America ist wunderbar
(America is wonderbar)
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

(America)
Coca-Cola, sometimes war
(America)
America
(America)
America
(America)

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:14 pm

I'm glad to live in a first world country...even if it's probably the crappiest as first world countries go...but it's still definitely not "bad" relative to the entire rest of the world.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:39 pm

twoshots wrote:
In my part of the country, we usually start kids on their first BB by about the time they start to read, and no household is complete without an M-60.

What do you mean? I'm a New Jersey resident, and I have to say, we have some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:48 pm

twoshots wrote:
Quote:

You've got a point there. Gun culture runs pretty deep. In my part of the country....

Gun culture exists primarily in rural parts of the country, especially in the South, much of the Midwest, the Great Plains, and the Rocky Mountain West. In the urban and suburban parts of the country, guns are more often seen as an impetus to crime. I live in St. Louis, so although most people are adverse to gun culture, there are still some people around who like to head out into the country to go hunting from time to time.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 8:13 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcz_NHAFGS0[/youtube]

There is another comedic who brought this up.