Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2008, 5:54 pm

Its mainly a school project for the ultra-SPEDs at my school. Ie. The really really special people.

They obviously can't do a presentation to save their lives. I was forced to attend by the evil psychologist who runs the ''academic communication'' seminar.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 6:47 pm

Sorry this happened. Do you think next year you could ask your teacher if you can present some more accurate information about the spectrum ? You should get school credit for such a project and if you are to shy to present it yourself(I would be), you could meet with a third party presenter and guide them through the information you have gathered ?

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

acannon
Raven
Raven

28 May 2008, 7:37 pm

windscar15 wrote:
Its mainly a school project for the ultra-SPEDs at my school. Ie. The really really special people.

They obviously can't do a presentation to save their lives. I was forced to attend by the evil psychologist who runs the ''academic communication'' seminar.

I can tell that you're frustrated, and I agree that your school should've included some people with Asperger's or PDD-NOS to be included in the presentation, but the way you described the kids was offensive. Not only was I slightly mad when you called them "ultra-SPEDs", it made me less likely to take you seriously. I'm not yelling at you or anything, I'm just letting you know.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 9:00 pm

Maybe you could put together a presentation on the things they missed and petition to have it included for next year?

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2008, 11:01 pm

I did not participate in this, I only listened to their presentations.

btw After the incident on friday, my respect for them is a little bit low.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 3:46 am

I don't believe you for some reason.

Juniperberrygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2008, 6:39 am

windscarl15
Can you elaborate a little on what was said?
You've probably said it in depth in another thread but whats the gist of it?

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2008, 6:58 pm

I was watching the news and saw something about the autistic kindergarten student who was voted out of class. I found a thread about it that was locked, and the reply was to come here (a link to here). So I come here and can't find anything about a kindergarten student being voted out of class.

Am I missing something?

And whats this thread about too, btw...it seems interesting but I don't quite understand it.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 7:37 pm

Sorry... I gave the wrong link. I've corrected it.

(Slaps own wrist. "Always test things!")

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 10:29 pm

Actually April is Autism Awareness ironically yet people sometimes don't care or pay attention. I'm for sure to make that it does get attention at Mason through DAP.