Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

merr
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 7:52 am

or anything that you are certain you cannot rationally explain, but you are sure you have actually seen something?

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 8:07 am

Never ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts but for some reason I can't sleep at night unless I'm completely covered. I have this irrational feeling that somethings going to touch me if I leave myself exposed. I've always been this way.

I try not to put too much emphasis on what I see as my imagination tends to drift and imagine. Instead I just walk blindly, looking at the ground unless its a good day to which I just pause and absorb.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 8:12 am

I don't believe I've ever seen a spirit, even though I had an wild, scary imagination as a child.
I was, and am still, surprised that I've never once hallucinated, since my imagination is so powerful.
But I know how to get rid of an evil spirit if I ever do see one, so I'm not worried about it at all.
Just command it in Jesus' name to leave, believing, and it will.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 9:07 am

Don't be sure if you've never tried it. The ghost may be Jewish or Muslim.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:29 pm

Sand wrote:

:D

Or just very stubborn....

And yes, to answer the question I have.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 1:30 pm

they'd have to exist first before you could see one.

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 2:34 pm

skafather84 wrote:

Not strictly true.
There are any number of optical illusions, mistakes, hallucinations, etc. that are seen with out having a physical existence outside of the visual cortex.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 2:45 pm

As a matter of fact you don't see anything that doesn't exist in the visual cortex. Your visual world does not exist outside the visual cortex.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 3:23 pm

Letum wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Not strictly true.
There are any number of optical illusions, mistakes, hallucinations, etc. that are seen with out having a physical existence outside of the visual cortex.

hallucinations are not reality, now are they?

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:20 pm

merr wrote:
or anything that you are certain you cannot rationally explain, but you are sure you have actually seen something?

Yes I have, when I was young I saw a devil type thing in my room just staring at me. I was a head that was glowing an orange, red. It had 2 horns on top of a shrunken face , and it had a big grin and flat teeth like a human has. It had such an evil looking grin and it just sat there looking at me from across the room. I was so scared I couldn't move or use my voice.

Another time when I was around 15- 17 years old, I saw an orb appear above my head when I was lying in bed. It flashed 3 times and then disappeared. I toled my parents they didn't believe me . My dad said the next night I should invite my friends over and see if they see it. Well the next night, I had my two friends over, we all sat in the same spot and held hands (just in case, it was like an alien or something) Then all 3 of us saw it ! This time it flashed twice then disappeared.
They all freaked out just like I did.

I didn't sleep there the next night because I was convinced It was counting down to something and I didn't want to be there when it got to 1 8O

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 6:44 pm

Not a ghost, but a number of equaliy fortean entities in one evening, though an accompanying object that my Mother couldnt see stayed in my bedroom for a further two weeks.

There is no way I will post the account on wrong planet though, you get enough stick here even beliving in Jesus.

I did post the acount on Paranormal Phenomena though.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 8:09 pm

I do see very dim white figures for a second or two sometimes during the nights, but I think it's because of my hallucinogen persisting perception disorder more than anything else.

Sand wrote:

ROFL! :lol:

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 8:09 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Letum wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Not strictly true.

No, that my point.

They are not in reality, but you can still see them just as much as you can see things that are in reality.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 8:26 pm

Letum wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Letum wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Not strictly true.

No, that my point.

They are not in reality, but you can still see them just as much as you can see things that are in reality.

yep.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 8:48 am

No, but I have enough evidence to support the theory that spirits are real.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 9:06 am

No.
There are plenty of things for which I've no explanation, but that doesn't lead me to come up with a theory as to what or why it was. Haven't sensed (seen/heard/touched) anything that struck me as being an otherwordly or supernormal entity, that's for sure.
Am vaguely superstitious but not at all religious, spiritual, or the like.
Wouldn't presume to try to convince anyone else of the reality or unreality of their individual experiences, though.
Have my hands full dealing with the things that I'm sure are real enough already...