President George W. Bush 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Satan 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 33

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:21 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Not all the bible was meant to be taken literally. Since none of us really know what hell is like, if it even exists (which I very much doubt) - how can we make any kind of informed decision about it?

I cannot vote. :)

Yes, not all of it is to be taken literal. There are alot of non literal refrences. I know what continue-ous evil is. It's very distructive. At least it was for me. That's not hell I'm thinking of though. I look at 'hell' differently. I call it the Such. Lol. Not a torture chamber with gear. We can do that by ourselves. Just the... uhm.. hmm.. *can't explain sorry* No wording fits what I think. hahah..

:lol: This thread made me giggle a little.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:28 am

And what if it's a totally hot female Satan like from the movie Bedazzled? That would change everything.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 11:47 am

Ragtime wrote:
Well, it's good to clearly see who people would vote for if Satan was running against Bush for president.
That can't actually happen, of course, but as I said, I just wanted to see how insane everyone really was on here.
Bush is a generally well-meaning guy, but you'd rather have Satan leading the country.

I guess I have my answer!

Now, it's time to ask: How many of you would like to go to Hell? I'm seriously asking, and wondering.
Because for all the bitching that some of you do against Christianity, I'm sure there are some here
who, in their insanity, are actually glad to be on their way to Hell, and thus have no argument with
Jesus' pronouncement that those who reject Him will go to Hell.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
(Mark 16:15-16)

So, let's hear from people!

You don't desire a forum; you desire a pulpit. You derive satisfaction from biased questions (much along the lines of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?") that provide you with supposed basis to pass judgment on others. You might want to review that section on judgment, by the way... seems to me your friend frowns upon those who do so in his place. Live your faith, and if you must 'provide witness' as has been suggested in other threads (not necessarily by you), then do so by asking questions of those interested, those drawn to your faith by the way you live it.

Your comment on Bush made me laugh; he's an incompetent leader, inept manipulator, word-bungling liar... I could go on in my opinion, but to say he is well-intentioned is like saying Charlie Manson wanted to make friends. Eeesh. At least with Satan I could read the novel first and anticipate the agenda.

Seeing as I do not believe in Hell, the question is moot and akin to asking how many people want to spend/waste their their mortal lives in worship of a myth. While I do not mean to offend, I do mean to make you question and delve deeper. So far, everything has been supported with superficial arguments at best.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:28 pm

Ragtime wrote:
President George W. Bush, or Satan.
I'm curious. Call it a study in insanity.

InSatanity poll

:lol: I have been feeling a bit low, of late, but talk of the pointy-eared red devil just got me out of the depths of hell.

I liked Fogman's picture of the Devil Himself.

And my vote? The Devil made me choose... But I can never reveal it or I will have to relinquish my mortal soul! :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:32 pm

Bush is Satan.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Bush is Satan.

Don't insult Satan, damn you!