Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:23 pm

This is hard to write, but I hope it may help someone in avoiding something really bad. Hope its ok. This happens to easily, because we take things for granted, we get used to them.

Dont read this if you`re really sad I guess

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love your parents

I know I know, all parents can be a pain at some point, but please listen to my story..

-In may of `95 me and my dad (one of the greatest men ever to walk this earth) had a bad fight. Didnt make up.(always do that, always)

Two days later he dropped dead of a massive heart attack right in front of the house were we lived then. Gone in 2 seconds.

And that was it. Thats 13 years ago, Never cried, just pushed it down and said nothing to no one. I`ll never be done with it, ever. Because I was an idiot. I deserve to be tormented for that. I am trash compared to him, truly a great man, I dont even reach him to the knees when it comes to anything.

Never take them for granted.

Do not do what I did. It WILL haunt you for the rest of your life, if your anything like me.

Miss you dad. r.i.p

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 29 May 2008, 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:29 pm

First of all, thank you for having the courage to post that message. I'm really sorry that happened to you. But yes, I do understand your message. That's why I tell my parents I love them every day and give them lots of hugs and kisses. Whenever I get into a fight with my siblings, I always apologize and try to make up. I'm always afraid someone's going to die in a horrible accident or something, and your story reminded me that anyone could indeed die at any time.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:31 pm

I watched my dad die in a hospital 3 and half years ago. Now whenever I see people treat their parents like garbage, I tell them to cherish them while they are still here.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:32 pm

My parents are going to die one day. I don't like to think about it, but I really should. They are already in their 50's

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:33 pm

Luckily, both of my parents are still alive, and I am closer to them, than I've ever been. :D

Those who know, don't speak.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:34 pm

I hate death.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:35 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
My parents are going to die one day. I don't like to think about it, but I really should. They are already in their 50's

So are mine. D:

It doesn't help that my mom keeps reminding me that she won't be around forever.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:40 pm

my dad turns 60 in a couple years and it does cross my mind. I dont know how my sister and i would cope with his death. We have had some close calls with him here and there. Neither one of us have a very close relationship with him. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be aspie as well. He is too precious for us to lose just yet.

Airmann11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2018, 6:30 pm

I wish things were different but they aren't. My parents and family are all trash, I know that'll sting for a lot of you to read. They never took care of me, they didn't help me, they're all addicted to meth or pills. I haven't talked to my parents in 2 years and the rest of the family even longer. In a way I had to excommunicate them all. Mom and Dad split up when I was 3 or something, I don't know exactly because my dad drugged me with Xanax as a kid so he wouldn't have to deal with my brother and I. Mom never took me to doctors or anything and because of it I just recently found out that I have AS (literally 2 days ago).

Both of them have wronged my brothers and I in so many ways. I don't know if I could forgive them, I don't even know if I want to.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:07 pm

I lost both my mother and sister. I feel terrible that I wasn't a more normal person. I still have my father and a beloved friend of the family. I would be devastated if something happened to them. I want to be the best person I can be.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 5:39 pm

Sorry for the loss of your dad.

This reminds me of conversions Sis and I have had with a guy who grew up across the street from us at mom's wake. and before. We knew him through gradeschool, teens and young adulthoods. Now he and his sibs, and my sis and I, are all middle aged.

Both of my parents slowly and agonizingly died in from two very different (but similarly slow acting) illnesses. Gradually faded away over period of years.

Our friend's dad was hale and hardy one moment, and then BANG! just died of heart attack. But the last conversation our friend had with his dad was fight. So as with your dad his dad left with world with that fight being the last interaction between them. Both parents died in slow agony, and were agonizing to watch and care for. His was here and then gone. Stark contrast. Which is worse? Having your skin chipped away on inch at a time, or having it all ripped off at once? Anyway it was therapeutic for both him (on one hand), and my sister and I (On the other), to have those conversations about our contrasting experiences.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

I'm really sorry man. :(

But I can never forgive my father for abandoning me as a baby and never having anything to do with me. I get the feeling he never loved me or wanted me. If he cared at all about me he would have made an effort to stay in touch with me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:37 am

This thread is 10 years old and the OP has long gone from the site.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:41 am

Joe90 wrote:
This thread is 10 years old and the OP has long gone from the site.