Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 8:45 pm

I got not an embarassing moment the other day so much as something like a mildly bad dream. My college campus isn't enourmous but it takes a full ten minutes to walk from one end of it to the other for most people. Luckily, there are (free) buses always circulating around; unluckily, they're not usually right on schedule and catching them isn't something you can count on. So the other day I took the bus from one class on one end of campus, got into my classroom at the other end of campus, and realized I'd left my notebook in my last class.

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyway, my professor was really nice when I told her that I had to go run and get it, and although I had to walk to get there I got the bus back, so I didn't miss TOO much class (OK, the first twenty minutes). So it could have been worse, she could have been really mean about it- but I felt so STUPID. Not to mention the fact that it was just plain a pain in the ass to correct that mistake. The last few days I've been really, really obsessive about checking my backpack for all my items. I don't know how long that will last, but if it prevents me from doing that again, it's worth it.

RuBoo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2005, 8:41 pm

For some reason I am facinated by baby and young childrens' toys.

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espion
Umbreon

Blanford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2006, 1:34 am

I remember two years ago I got a nosebleed right in the middle of class. I just started bleeding for no reason. Then, when I had to go the bathroom, this kid told everyone I had been picking my nose and eating what was inside. Disgusting, and everyone believed it.

Then, I had a panic attack/headache and just told myself I had to leave school and go home for the day, or else I was going to have an episode. So, when I was getting my stuff, and holding back tears, and ready to leave class: some kid yelled, "Jesus, what a crybaby."

Survivor231
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2006, 6:46 pm

Where do I even begin. :? :?
Oh, I was the Lion in the Wiz. I had to belt a high note on my last song. It was time to go on, I was doing fine until Mother nature and her bag of childish pranks made my voice crack during the last note :oops: . Now whenever i get a part, I always ask if a note is extremely high so I never have to go through it again.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2006, 6:59 pm

I'm one of the lucky ones proberally who hasent really had a embaressing moment because i manage to turn it into one hell of a joke so every one wins.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2006, 6:02 pm

I have a habit of turning my iPod on really loud and just tuning out the world. Today (about two hours ago, actually) I was listening to Jump (for my love) by the Pointer Sisters at Maximum Ear Damage volume, and I started dancing around because I thought of Hugh Grant doing the same thing in Love, Actually. It was embarassing because I didn't realize my family had friends over and I just started dancing down the hall and up the stairs until I saw them---they were just staring at me, and my not-so-little brother was laughing. I guess it is kind of funny. It's such a great song, though... :D

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2006, 4:42 am

Your awsome next time can you film it for entertainment of tones of bord people (i.e me). How ever i will download that song (legally of corce :wink: ).

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2006, 11:34 pm

But if I video it, it won't be spontaneous, and I will look like the bumbling awkward Napolean Dynamite character I am instead of the smooth, ladylike Julia Roberts persona I am trying to create---oh, who am I kidding? If I decide to videotape it, once I figure out how to post it, I'll let you know. Who knows, maybe I will get free stuff out of it like the Star Wars Kid...hmm. I guess getting laughed at by bored people (such as yourself) is okay since I'd be setting myself up. I dunno. I'm a sensitive soul. :) It is a really fun song to dance to, though. I highly recommend it.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 6:12 pm

Therblig wrote:
ramsamsam wrote:
Or when people mimick my bouncing walk.

First off, sorry people make fun of you. I have a friend at school with AS and he has a bouncing walk too. Since high school it's gotten less pronounced, but he got made fun of it a lot in junior high. I wonder if this has to do with AS at all?

I personally don't bounce, but there's a senior at my school who bounces. Only he walks really quickly and bounces a lot, so it looks as though he's jumping. We lightly tease him about it, but then he just does it even more to make a point. (We're not sure what the point actually is, but he tells us that he's making it, so ok.) There's other kids who bounce around here too. It's rather common, actually.

As for embarrasing moments... I end up embarrasing myself when I get frustrated with something and shoot off a comment without thinking - only if it's aimed at a teacher, I don't really care what the other students think - and I also ignore people without meaning to, which is also slightly embarrasing. I think I've probably destructed more loose friendships that way than any other.

dexkaden wrote:
It was embarassing because I didn't realize my family had friends over and I just started dancing down the hall and up the stairs until I saw them---they were just staring at me, and my not-so-little brother was laughing.

Yes! I do that all the time. :D You have to admit, it's so much fun.

Three years!

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2006, 8:13 am

Just wanted to confirm that, yes, a bouncy walk is recognized as a symptom of AS. Straight-legged, stilted walking is as well. Like most AS symptoms, only some of us have it; others don't. I get the impression that "bouncy" is the most common of the unusual gaits, though; I see that adjective pop up a lot in the literature I read.

http://jellynail.vox.com/

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2006, 2:23 pm

WHEN YOUR COMPUTER SCREWS UP AND MAKES MY EMBARASSING MOMENT IT'S OWN TOPIC!
ON THE FORUM! ten people saw it!

first prize for most embarrassing moment :x

in grade 7 it was that time of the month and I got up and the SEA teacher walked beind me saying "Marlys come with me" i dident undersatnd why until I saw all the blood on my deskseat..... :oops: the whole class knew and people were walking by and looking at it
and a girl asked me "You have periods?" oh my GAWD My mom lat me stay home for a couple days i will never forget that

I NICE THING TO MAKE A TOPIC! UGHH ANNOYING!! ! ABOUT! THAT WHOLE WRITING
THAT MADE IT'S OWN TOPIC YAY. THIS SUCKS A TOPIC ABOUT my period :x

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2006, 2:26 pm

Er... isn't there an 'x' or something next to the 'edit'/'quote' buttons?

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2006, 2:39 pm

Once I went to a meeting that had to do with labor rights. It took some courage for me to go to such a meeting because I am not normally comfortable in such groups. I got there early and sat down to wait for other people to arrive. Everyone who came in the door was a woman of color. I wasn't sure why, but I certainly wasn't going to leave just because all of the people in attendance were women with a different skin shade than me. Well the facilitator came in and first up there were some introductions and decisions to be made about how the meeting would take place. I joined in the discussion quite energetically. After awhile I noticed that these women were glaring at me. I began to feel very uncomfortable, even more than usual. After about twenty minutes more I learned that this was a meeting for women of color only. I think they had set aside that room and time as a special space where they could discuss their issues without "wh***y" being present. If I wasn't such a social recluse I would have known more about what was going on, and I would have been quicker to pick up on the obvious fact that I was at the wrong meeting!

So I was very embarrassed.

Vejita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2006, 9:41 pm

anandamide wrote:
Once I went to a meeting that had to do with labor rights. It took some courage for me to go to such a meeting because I am not normally comfortable in such groups. I got there early and sat down to wait for other people to arrive. Everyone who came in the door was a woman of color. I wasn't sure why, but I certainly wasn't going to leave just because all of the people in attendance were women with a different skin shade than me. Well the facilitator came in and first up there were some introductions and decisions to be made about how the meeting would take place. I joined in the discussion quite energetically. After awhile I noticed that these women were glaring at me. I began to feel very uncomfortable, even more than usual. After about twenty minutes more I learned that this was a meeting for women of color only. I think they had set aside that room and time as a special space where they could discuss their issues without "wh***y" being present. If I wasn't such a social recluse I would have known more about what was going on, and I would have been quicker to pick up on the obvious fact that I was at the wrong meeting!

So I was very embarrassed.

8O where do you live ? racial segregation's supposed to be over everywhere except in Zimbabwe, no ?

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 11:06 pm

The women were meeting to discuss their issues as women of color. I totally respect that they were meeting to discuss their issues. I have no problem with that. I was just embarrassed that I blundered in and didn't have the social skills to notice my blunder and exit gracefully.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

12 Jun 2006, 2:01 pm

jellynail wrote:
Just wanted to confirm that, yes, a bouncy walk is recognized as a symptom of AS. Straight-legged, stilted walking is as well. Like most AS symptoms, only some of us have it; others don't. I get the impression that "bouncy" is the most common of the unusual gaits, though; I see that adjective pop up a lot in the literature I read.

I have it, and it becomes really pronounced when I run. High school and middle school for me has been infested with the sort of bastard kids who shout 'Run, [Sola's real name], run!' every time I try to get somewhere in a hurry. It's gotten to the point where I hate running, because that sort of thing is always intensely embarrassing to me.