Funny stories of things that have happened.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

twinklingstarlight
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2008, 2:23 pm

Well, well, well WP. :)
I just got a good dosage of karma.
I went downstairs to the kitchen for a drink, and out of greed I stole all of the last remaining chocolate cookies my sister purchased. :twisted:
I then went to open the door and do you know what happened? My dog came flying out of nowhere, and me being startled by a gigantic golden retriever hurtling through the air towards me caused me to spill the drink all over my cookies! 8O Unfortunately for me, I could not save any of the cookies. :cry: What goes around comes around, eh? :lol:

So, WP, I ask you to share your own funny tales.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 8:15 pm

I ate salt and vingar rice cakes with ketchup and mustard on it...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 10:10 pm

One night, when I was 12, it was very hot in the old house. My mum and I happened to look at one another, and we both screamed. We each had a can of Pepsi and than went back to bed. My mum said, "Don't tell your sister that we did this."

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2008, 10:47 pm

twinklingstarlight wrote:

I had a pigeon follow me to work one day. I don't know if it was a tame racing pigeon that was disoriented and needed some shelter (it was cold that day), or some freak occurrence of nature, but he followed me for 10 solid blocks. He would land on my shoulder, sit on my head and, when I shooed him off, he jumped to the ground ran after me looking like some deranged pet dog just out for a walk with its person. Occasionally he would take flight and circle me. At one point I had him sitting on my arm, I looked like some sort of confused pirate. People tried to help me rid myself of my new buddy, but that bird just kept on following me, he wouldn't let up. Heck, I named him at one point ... "woodstock". I was worried how the heck was I going to get into work? If he managed to get in the door, how do I explain him? Its "take your pigeon to work day?". At least I would have half of a chance to catch him if he did get into the building. Thankfully his following ended in the parking lot. He wasn't there when I left, but what an odd experience to have a pigeon befriend you. :lol:

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 11:03 pm

When I was a kid I admit that I was pretty fluffy, not tall for my age but really fluffy. I also liked to hide in the play area at McDonald's. One time I was crawling through a tube and was making my way down towards the slide when another kid came at me from the front and screamed for me to move. It scared my so bad that I turned around as fast as I could but apparently too fast because I got all tangled up and stuck. So stuck that my mom had to call for help. Get the fat kid out of the tube! I caused quite a scene that day. :oops:

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

twinklingstarlight
Raven
Raven

03 Jun 2008, 2:57 pm

Haha! These stories didn't half make me chuckle! :lol:
All very random, I must say.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 3:15 pm

Aww, I wish I had a pigeon follow me like that!
All I get are seagulls, but only when I have food in my hand. :lol:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 3:24 pm

Once I was at the cafe in the gym and was sitting beside a window. On the other side of this window, people were playing tennis. I decided to watch and out of nowhere, a tennis ball hit the window right in front of my face and I jumped out of my skin, nearly falling off my chair.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 4:54 pm

Well, well, well WP. :)
I just got a good dosage of karma.
I went downstairs to the kitchen for a drink, and out of greed I stole all of the last remaining chocolate cookies my sister purchased. :twisted:
I then went to open the door and do you know what happened? My dog came flying out of nowhere, and me being startled by a gigantic golden retriever hurtling through the air towards me caused me to spill the drink all over my cookies! 8O Unfortunately for me, I could not save any of the cookies. :cry: What goes around comes around, eh? :lol:

soggy cookies=farleys rusks.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

My friend and I were talking, and she claims that I had a mosquito on my cheek. So in order to swat it off, she went WHAP! on my face. And she was the first friend I ever had who slapped me.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 11:18 pm

I have a couple of airheaded-sounding funny stories.

One time when I answered my phone, I didn't press Send like I thought I did. When I brought the phone up to my ear, it vibrated on the side of my face and scared the crap out of me.

Another time I got in the elevator in my dorm and pressed the button for the floor I was on. I stood there for about thirty seconds before I realized what was wrong. :P

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:22 am

grinningcat wrote:

I had a pigeon follow me to work one day. I don't know if it was a tame racing pigeon that was disoriented and needed some shelter (it was cold that day), or some freak occurrence of nature, but he followed me for 10 solid blocks. He would land on my shoulder, sit on my head and, when I shooed him off, he jumped to the ground ran after me looking like some deranged pet dog just out for a walk with its person. Occasionally he would take flight and circle me. At one point I had him sitting on my arm, I looked like some sort of confused pirate. People tried to help me rid myself of my new buddy, but that bird just kept on following me, he wouldn't let up. Heck, I named him at one point ... "woodstock". I was worried how the heck was I going to get into work? If he managed to get in the door, how do I explain him? Its "take your pigeon to work day?". At least I would have half of a chance to catch him if he did get into the building. Thankfully his following ended in the parking lot. He wasn't there when I left, but what an odd experience to have a pigeon befriend you. :lol:
Awwwwwww, what a sweet Pigeon.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.