Another source for you guys who are looking!

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 3:28 pm

Hang around office buildings. Some of the cleaning girls are pretty cute. To them it's a MAJOR status symbol to be interested in by a Gringo. Even as an Aspie, you give them security as someone who gets things done. Once you get a reputation as someone who can get the water and electric turned on, get someone arrested that pays for cleaning services with a bum check, writes letters to fix consumer ripoffs, you will also get introduced to eligible girls to date.

I hope someone can make use of this information. I'm here to help!

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 3:40 pm

'to them it's a major status symbol to be interested in by a gringo'

Maybe in a Z-listed romantic comedy. In reality, hanging around office buildings will allow you to meet the nice people in security.

Tailfins, by any chance were you the guy who posted the 'join the KKK' thread too?

Where do you get this stuff- it's hilarious! :lol: :roll:

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 3:44 pm

Lene wrote:

Maybe in a Z-listed romantic comedy. In reality, hanging around office buildings will allow you to meet the nice people in security.

Tailfins, by any chance were you the guy who posted the 'join the KKK' thread too?

Ditto. And yes he was.

Just by calling us "Gringo" you made a mistake. Careful what you type a lot of people vest a lot of pride in their heritage...

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 4:00 pm

Lene wrote:

You have to use some brains about it. You get access by attending an interest group like toastmasters, some IT user's group or professional association meeting where you are at least peripherally qualified to be there. Then you go for a stroll to ostensibly find a snack machine. That's how you do it.

I've still got a pair

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 4:13 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
Hang around office buildings. Some of the cleaning girls are pretty cute. To them it's a MAJOR status symbol to be interested in by a Gringo. Even as an Aspie, you give them security as someone who gets things done. Once you get a reputation as someone who can get the water and electric turned on, get someone arrested that pays for cleaning services with a bum check, writes letters to fix consumer ripoffs, you will also get introduced to eligible girls to date.

I'm no gringo, I'm just you're ordinary everyday descendent from Viking warriors and ancient Scots clans. This does, of course, mean that getting between me and the mead is not the most sensible of things, but it also means advice that is demeaning and derogatory towards either northerners or southerners is unlikely to do much beyond me wishing the Wild Ride would clense the world of prejudice.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 4:15 pm

Are you saying that our only options are types of people you perceive as desperate and/or submissive?

I don't believe that for a second.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 4:18 pm

imipak wrote:
tailfins1959 wrote:

I'm no gringo, I'm just you're ordinary everyday descendent from Viking warriors and ancient Scots clans. This does, of course, mean that getting between me and the mead is not the most sensible of things, but it also means advice that is demeaning and derogatory towards either northerners or southerners is unlikely to do much beyond me wishing the Wild Ride would clense the world of prejudice.

If you're going to be that thin skinned, you won't get a girl. Trust me, being a good sport about names like that will pay off big. I don't sweat it.

Does this using the term in this music video offend you?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/george-strait ... xico.jhtml

Tim_Tex wrote:
Are you saying that our only options are types of people you perceive as desperate and/or submissive?

I don't believe that for a second.

Maybe not the only option, but a good quick fix if you're tired of failing. Even if they are not your "type", the success serves as a nice confidence boost and a reminder that it CAN be done.

I've still got a pair

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 5:24 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
Lene wrote:

You have to use some brains about it. You get access by attending an interest group like toastmasters, some IT user's group or professional association meeting where you are at least peripherally qualified to be there. Then you go for a stroll to ostensibly find a snack machine. That's how you do it.

Man, we could get quite a plotline going here! Ok, so after you go for your walk to the snack machine- how exactly do you meet the cleaner? What exactly do you say to her? "excuse me miss, gosh I thought this closet was a snack machine. I do beg your pardon. By the way, may I help you turn on the electricity and water supply..."

What happens if she's not cute? Or can you survey the building before turning up and only go to toastmasters meeting with cute cleaners. Nevermind the implicit racism (that white people are 'gringos' and that 'non-whites' look up to them), your window of oppurtunity is very small.... another idea to meet girls would be to stand out in a field long enough and one will fall from the sky.

Eventually.

If you pick the right field.

:wink:

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 5:44 pm

tailfins1959 wrote:
If you're going to be that thin skinned, you won't get a girl. Trust me, being a good sport about names like that will pay off big. I don't sweat it.

Does this using the term in this music video offend you?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/george-strait ... xico.jhtml

To answer your questions in reverse order:

2. Yes.

1. Then I guess I won't get a girl. Everyone has boundaries and limits they won't overstep. Different people, different limits set in different ways for different reasons. The use of power differentials to pull happens to overstep my limits by a loooong way. You may well be right. It might well be that all 3.5 billion women of the world will look at me with the utmost contempt for holding that belief, not that it makes the slightest difference from how they look at me anyway. If they do, at least it's contempt I have earned by being true to myself and to the spirit of Oblige Noblis. It may leave me miserable, chronically depressed and utterly alone, but that's nothing compared to the self-hatred and self-contempt I'd feel if I did things any other way.

I can walk away from all 3.5 billion women, if they would despise me for being true to myself, but I can never walk away from me.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 6:23 pm

Lene wrote:
tailfins1959 wrote:
Lene wrote:

Man, we could get quite a plotline going here! Ok, so after you go for your walk to the snack machine- how exactly do you meet the cleaner? What exactly do you say to her? "excuse me miss, gosh I thought this closet was a snack machine. I do beg your pardon. By the way, may I help you turn on the electricity and water supply..."

What happens if she's not cute? Or can you survey the building before turning up and only go to toastmasters meeting with cute cleaners. Nevermind the implicit racism (that white people are 'gringos' and that 'non-whites' look up to them), your window of oppurtunity is very small.... another idea to meet girls would be to stand out in a field long enough and one will fall from the sky.

Eventually.

If you pick the right field.

:wink:

Through the years, one way I have distracted myself from unhappiness is trying wild things. I've tried all the things I talk about.

You make it sound harder than it is. It's as simple as watching the timing of emptying the trash cans and cleaning the coffee area. Oh and if it makes you feel any better, the shoe is on the other foot when you go to their country, whether it be Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Brazil, etc. Some places can be big time dangerous without proper guidance. One of my more pleasant experience was in one of the worst slums of Rio de Janeiro called Rocinha. The thing I think most Aspies would like is there is no such thing as "trying too hard". There's no expectation to "entertain" your date. If there is any implicit racism, it disappears when your first kid is born. You become one of theirs, as will all future generations of your lineage.

It boils down to this: she needs some help, you need some help. You both benefit each other.

I've still got a pair

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 6:31 pm

Since when has "gringo" been a derogative? Some of my Latin friends call me gringo many times. It is a slang term not a derogatory one.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 6:41 pm

cyberscan wrote:
Since when has "gringo" been a derogative? Some of my Latin friends call me gringo many times. It is a slang term not a derogatory one.

So tell me, did your social life go from dud to dream after you made your Latin friends? After dating several that just didn't seem long term, I finally met my wife at:

http://tc.batepapo.uol.com.br/

I've still got a pair

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 9:26 pm

Zane wrote:
Ditto. And yes he was.

He did?

Zane wrote:
Careful what you type a lot of people vest a lot of pride in their heritage...

Oh, guess which example of that springs first to my mind...

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 12:52 am

tailfins1959 wrote:
So tell me, did your social life go from dud to dream after you made your Latin friends?

Nope, my social life is still a dud, but these people seem to like me.

machinex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2008, 8:41 am

I'm hoping this topic is a joke. As a white guy dating a latin girl (and she's NOT a cleaning lady, mind you), I find this concept rather offensive. It has nothing to do with status, and she's not looking up to me because I'm white. Like was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, it sounds like a serious B-list romantic comedy or something.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 8:49 am

My Latin friends would probably laugh at this thread.