Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 6:16 pm

Note: I did not create this scenario or ethics question, and I don't know who did. I came across it the other day, and thought I would share it with all of you. Read on:

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

You are in Florida, Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever.

You have two options -- you can save the life of George W. Bush or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men.
So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:
Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 6:25 pm

:wack: :roll:

edit: sorry I had to

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Oct 2005, 6:45 pm

I would save his life

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 8:09 pm

Being without my glasses at the moment because they've broken in earlier chaos, I would reach and pull the guy into the boat, not realizing who it was. It doesn't really matter who it is. A person is a person and they would deserve another chance at life. :|

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 8:44 pm

It seems to me that most of you are missing the point. It's not actually an ethics question. For comedic purposes, it has to be posed as a serious question, not what it actually is. It's a liberal joke.

*sigh*

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 8:55 pm

If you replaced that with Ted Kennedy, George Galloway, or even Kofi Annan I might be more interested ;)

edit: I forgot Hillary Clinton

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 9:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
If you replaced that with Ted Kennedy, George Galloway, or even Kofi Annan I might be more interested ;)

ditto

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 9:31 pm

Going with the joke, I'd say black and white.

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2005, 11:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Ha! :lol:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 12:37 am

Bec wrote:
It seems to me that most of you are missing the point. It's not actually an ethics question. For comedic purposes, it has to be posed as a serious question, not what it actually is. It's a liberal joke.

*sigh*

You getting frustrated about ASD people missing the joke is almost as funny as the joke you posted. :lol:

I got it though. Twisted jokes are something I excel at. :twisted:

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 12:55 am

Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:

*sigh*

You getting frustrated about ASD people missing the joke is almost as funny as the joke you posted. :lol:

I wasn't frustrated. I just thought it was an obvious joke, but I wasn't really surprised that some people didn't get it. I decided to explain it before people became too confused or began some sort of ethics debate. Looking back at my post, though, it does look pretty funny. :lol:

Sean wrote:
I got it though. Twisted jokes are something I excel at. :twisted:

Cool. I love twisted jokes!

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 2:48 am

Hahaha... I would just start clicking away. No time to check the film!

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 4:47 am

I would drag him into the boat and head for Cuba... Let the twat make his own way back :twisted:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 6:24 am

I would probably save the bastard, and then immediately regret it!! !!

lenny77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

27 Oct 2005, 7:55 am

color! :twisted:

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 8:18 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Especially Hillary Clinton! :twisted: And if that was the case, I'd probably go for black and white, though whatever was in the camera would work just fine. ;)