Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Do you agree?
Yes, I think the adds should be taken out. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Well, I agree that is annoying, but I don't really care about the adds. 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
I think the adds are very useful and should stay. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

simon4599
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, the solar system, the milky way, the universe

04 Jun 2008, 3:43 pm

Ok, I have a request of the owner, that I wanted to make public. How many aspies want to see google adds on treating asperger's and autism. Ok, maybe there are aspies that want o be cured. BUt for the most part, all of my friends are happy the way they are, and don't really want to see treatment adds on every page. WHat makes it worse is, Since I am blind and use a screenreader, when I scroll down I usually have to hear at least part of those adds unless I page down past them. Oh, and by the way, it also takes almost three times as long to load a page on this site because of the adds. SO could we make the adds die? permanently?

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2008, 3:53 pm

Well, I don't think it is quite as simple. I know that some are annoying, and that the owner (don't know about mods) have the ability to get certain one's off the site, but I believe that they also help to fund the forum. Then again, I have been known to be wrong.

By the by, if you don't want an ad to gain in rank or whatever, do NOT click on it. copy and paste the link in a browser window because if you click on the link itself and are taken to it, the ad thing lets google know that someone clicked on this ad from this forum and that similar ones would most likely be clicked on and then we get more of the same type. Making it even harder to get rid of the ones that are unwanted.

Wow, sorry, didn't mean to ramble. I am in no way an expert on this, but that is what it is from my understanding. :oops:

simon4599
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, the solar system, the milky way, the universe

04 Jun 2008, 4:38 pm

Detren wrote:
Well, I don't think it is quite as simple. I know that some are annoying, and that the owner (don't know about mods) have the ability to get certain one's off the site, but I believe that they also help to fund the forum. Then again, I have been known to be wrong.

By the by, if you don't want an ad to gain in rank or whatever, do NOT click on it. copy and paste the link in a browser window because if you click on the link itself and are taken to it, the ad thing lets google know that someone clicked on this ad from this forum and that similar ones would most likely be clicked on and then we get more of the same type. Making it even harder to get rid of the ones that are unwanted.

Wow, sorry, didn't mean to ramble. I am in no way an expert on this, but that is what it is from my understanding. :oops:
I understand that it helps fund the forum, but ... treatment adds? Why would they put those on wp of all places. Can't they at least choose the adds they want? And by the way, if you want to join the conferences, feel free. Info is in the "new telephone conference line for aspies" tpoic.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 4:45 pm

this really shouldn't be here. there is a forum for this.

google ads run by picking up key words. the idea is to run ads which are relevent.

but, hey, if you'd like to pony up some of the cash to run the place...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 8:16 pm

I see no harm in the ads, because as a web designer, they are very useful to generate money. If I was the owner of this site though, I would prefer that the ads were not about curing autism, but hey, what are you going to do.