Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

vulcanpastor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2008, 11:04 pm

When I was recently tested for Aspergers, one of the questions was if I like taking long showers. I do and I tend to have them very hot. My partner tends to think that the water is scalding while I think it's hardly warm. A former partner said the same thing. I am wondering if this is some sort of sensory issue with me.

Dennis
Minneapolis, MN (USA)

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:08 pm

Who knows, I love hot showers to and my husband thinks I'm nuts.......we only can shower in the summer, winter...to cold for me to shower with him.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:12 pm

I have no partner but I love hot showers.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2008, 11:22 pm

I loved hot showers as a kid and still do, especially in winter. When I was little my mom thought my showers were way too hot and I would scald myself, but I found them to be quite comfortable.

04 Jun 2008, 11:27 pm

I used to take long showers but now I take short ones but they are still longer than normal. I want to save on electricity. I prefer the water to be warm, not feel cold. I don't like scalding water of course.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:35 pm

I am your polar oppisite. I like mine freezing cold but then maybe it's this miserably hot weather.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2008, 12:19 am

I like them really hot as well. Not scalding hot, but probably hotter than most. I start medium-high and turn it up as I get more used to it.

I probably take an above-average amount of time, too, and I probably use more water than I should :) Plus that's another reason to start the temp lower and turn it up - if you start on high, the water heater runs out pretty fast :)

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2008, 3:29 am

I have at time's found showers painfull and unbearable after being in them for a while,then i found out i could change the way the water came out and its ok.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 3:34 am

Hot Hot Hot.

When I get done with my shower, there's usually close to zero visibility in my bathroom.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 3:40 am

Woah, weird. I take long, hot showers too. Everyone I've ever lived with has commented on this. I've actually gotten into the habit of showering only twice a week on average because house mates always complained that I used too much water with my long showers.

What's really nice is drinking a cold beer while taking a long, hot shower. Does anyone else do this? The people who know about this habit of mine find it amusingly quirky.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 3:47 am

Generally the hotter the better, though our current hot water heater doesn't have the capacity to allow this for very long. OTOH, during the summer down here I generally like to take showers that are fairly cool in order to cool off from the summer heat.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2008, 4:20 am

I like hot baths but I'm actually not crazy about showers. It's a necessity to shower because no time to bathe every day, but I don't especially enjoy it and long showers feel like wasting too much water.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2008, 4:30 am

I hate showering in all forms.

Water makes my skin crawl. Like it is getting under it and peeling away my flesh.... violating me all over.
Just taking a shower is, in all honesty, how I imagine being raped to feel. Little wonder people always called me names because of it.

If I have to do it though, it is usually faintly warm at best... far colder than most people would tolerate. I just grit my teeth, try not to whimper too much, and suffer through it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 6:00 am

I LOVE super hot showers. My only gripe with my shower is that the water seems to only trickle from the showerhead. I want fast, hard water jets dammit!! :x

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 Jun 2008, 6:15 am

I used to take really long showers (20-25mins). I just used to lose track of time and forget how long I was in there for. Now I try not to take any longer than 10 minutes in the shower as someone else recently moved into our house and of course, he needs the hot water as well!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 6:28 am

Gosh, nooo. How can you all take hot showers? (And all the other people who I know do it hehe.)

I dislike showering greatly. I figured out bathing is the better alternative - fully immersed in water.

And I cannot shower/bath in hot water. When I say the water's hot other people say it's only semi-warm/too cold. I rather have it cold, seemingly too cold for others, but that's really warm for me actually.