Sensory Issues for Aspies with Console Games

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Sep 2008, 4:40 pm

I always need constant sound, so it doesn't bother me, and I think would feel awkward without the sound, unless I was talking or something. And, I love a lot of different video game music. I can't play very many FPS's, though I get nauseous. I don't like them much anyway though. =X

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 5:40 pm

Don't forget that perseveration stuff too. How many times can the same exact series of movement fail to get you through something before you change your tactics?

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 10:04 pm

Fidget wrote:
I always need constant sound, so it doesn't bother me, and I think would feel awkward without the sound, unless I was talking or something. And, I love a lot of different video game music. I can't play very many FPS's, though I get nauseous. I don't like them much anyway though. =X

Here's something you might try for FPS games, occasionally avert your eyes from the screen for a second or two.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 5:45 am

no issues like what you describe. Probably because I grew up on them. Oh and also because I don't have these "sensory issues" that so many aspies struggle with. When I was a kid, I would sometimes cover my ears and cry when I was in a loud auditorium or rowdy bus. But I've grown out of that.

RyltarX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2008, 12:17 pm

I get annoyed when there isn't enough noise in the game, because then everything in my actual room/house distracts me. I need a constant to focus on.