Loveable Nerd, you are very wise.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 1:57 am

Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Pobodys_Nerfect wrote:
If Obama gets it hopefully he'll find Osama and end this war of terror.

you mean that was all that Bush needed to do in the FIRST PLACE??
wow!

Merle

Getting a bit emotional there Merle for an Aspie. I was being sarcastic. Isn't politics exciting. :)

oh! and here I was being snarky back, wow, I am just vibrating with emotion! :wink:
(oh, wait a minute! I'm that's my leg stimming)

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:11 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
alex wrote:
mccain just pretends to be moderate. he really isn't

well, then, what is he?

Old!

But seriously, here he is on the issues. http://www.ontheissues.org/john_mccain.htm

I didn't realize he opposed Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy, last I heard he supported them. I'll have to take a closer look at where he stands before November because that was a pleasant surprise.

I hope Barack picks Nancy Pelosi, John Edwards, or Chelsea Clinton (all right, kind of kidding about Chelsea, but it would be funny).

hey, Goatie!
Easy on the AGEISM! Let's just say he is Uncle Fester's Twin and leave it at that?

did you know that John McCain Voted to Filibuster the Minimum Wage Hike?
http://news.aol.com/elections-blog/2007 ... wage-hike/

Merle

Last edited by sinsboldly on 06 Jun 2008, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:18 am

Obama. What change?

Can someone tell me what Obama wants to do?

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 2:27 am

catspurr wrote:
Obama. What change?

Can someone tell me what Obama wants to do?

Here is a PDF that outlines his blueprint for change:
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:47 am

....WOW

read page 45, the last part. Interpret what it means to you. I am just really curious who knows what it means.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:56 am

LoveableNerd wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
alex wrote:
mccain just pretends to be moderate. he really isn't

well, then, what is he?

just wonderin'

Merle

I've already been admonished once this week from a moderator for cursing... so I'd better not say.

It'd be easy to say the McCain is basically a upgraded model of George W Bush in stealth mode. Version 2.0 now comes with more brains (I mean come on, no one could ever be more stupider than Bush, even if they tried) with explosive temper and super-aggressive ideas, and the ability to continuously sing the words 'Bomb Iran' added as standard features. Might as well be satirical than angry about him, or my blood would boil too much.

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 3:20 am

catspurr wrote:
....WOW

read page 45, the last part. Interpret what it means to you. I am just really curious who knows what it means.

The actual page 45 (labeled page 41) or the labeled page 45 (49)?

From everything I've read, he has some noble ideas... but every one of them involve spending another $20 billion here, another $50 billion there.

The country is already spending itself into bankruptcy. And even if he only raises taxes on the rich as he says, spending more money into circulation only increases inflation, and makes us all poorer. Gas prices go up higher, food prices go up higher, medicine goes up even higher. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but throwing money at the poverty issue only results in more people living in poverty... because prices go up but the salaries of the people living just above the poverty cut-off line doesn't. Now, adjusting for inflation, they are impoverished too. And everyone else is a little poorer because they make the same money as before but can't buy as much with it.

His heart seems to be in the right place, but the only thing tax and spend accomplishes in the long run is more debt for the government and the people. But cut both -- and I mean substantially, not the token cuts John McCain calls for -- and the economy will soar.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.