do girls who don't care about fashion exist?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

23 Jan 2013, 10:10 pm

aaronrey wrote:
i want to date a girl who don't like expensive brands like louis vuiton, chanel, gucci, prada, etc. do they exist? or are all girls into that kind of thing?

Unfortunately, yes. I want to date a girl who does care about that stuff because I like it too! but that is not the type of girl who wants to date me. Want to trade?

They definitely exist. You just have to look. They may be the quiet ones, though not necessarily.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 11:37 pm

Yep, and I'm one of them that doesn't care.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

aaronrey wrote:
i want to date a girl who don't like expensive brands like louis vuiton, chanel, gucci, prada, etc. do they exist? or are all girls into that kind of thing?

We shouldn't have to ask questions like that in a world as big as the one we live in.

Yes, they exist. :)

Still, there's nothing wrong with enjoying fashion. It's only bad when you start to judge other people by their clothing, and take freaking forever to get ready to go anywhere. :lol: I've spent four years with a woman who had no interest in fashion whatsoever. In the end, she told me she preferred the company of women though. :?

...And yes. Before you ask, straight women who don't care about fashion also exist. :P

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 11:58 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I like fashion, but I like getting them for bargians :lol:

Same here. I like to buy nice things when they happen to be on sale. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, but I don't have a choice when I have to pay college tuition in the near future. I don't make much at work, so I have to save.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:36 am

Talk about reviving an old thread from the dead.

Anyway.

Saw a t-shirt with a quote on it once that said "brands are for cattle". I think that hits the nail on the head.

I will pay the amount of money I think a garment (quality of make, material, etc) is worth, no more and no less. The only time I will consistently buy one brand over another is if I find a brand that consistently sells good quality clothes at a good price that last for a long period of time (if I buy another brand with similar price and clothing I don't know whether it will last or not). For example I buy all my denim bottoms (jeans, shorts, etc) from ally because the cut they use fits me better than the other brands and they are well made and tend to last longer. Plus they charge between $25-$35 for a pair of jeans/denim shorts which is a good price.

As far as buying expensive clothes or brands simply because they are expensive or because of wanting to own clothes by that brand to look cool or so other people know you own things by that brand to me is stupid and I don't understand it.

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2013, 12:42 am

I'm interested in fashion but I get most of my clothing from second hand shops or the occasional small time local designer. I don't think I run in the right circles to know even a single woman who owns or even wants Gucci or Chanel brand clothing!