Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2008, 11:36 pm

I was looking for this topic again, and volia, dar it is!

Right now, I still don't know if my friends are "for real" simply because I do have a hard time trusting people. :P A VERY HARD time trusting people...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 12:04 am

A friend is a person who, when you've been bitten by a snake, will call 911 and stay with you until you get out of the hospital.

A true friend is a person who, when you've been bitten on the butt by a snake, will call 911 and then suck the poison out before the paramedics arrive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2008, 4:18 am

:lol: to the above comment about the butt and the snake. ^-^
I think a true friend is someone who you can trust, doesn't talk about you behind your back, you cn be yourself around, you have no fear of them rejecting you, very loyal and overalll very kind.
such a person is rare.
A friend would bail you out of jail.
A true friend would be sittinbg next to you saying 'Dang we mucked up didn't we?'
^I like that quote^

Hurricane_Delta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2008, 9:24 pm

A person who will help you out in trying to calm you down when you are depressed and will find a way to cheer you up. Will listen when you are raving, and will try to heal the wounds when you are stabbed the back by others, and stands by your side during this kind of dark hour. They will also calm down flying rages.

johnners
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2008, 1:02 pm

A true friend is very rare commodity. I've found myself referring to people as 'friends' when really they're just people I know, there's no depth to the relationship.

I'd say a true friend is someone who makes the effort to engage with you, bat stuff back at you.

Magique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2008, 2:03 pm

Someone who's not afraid to tell me when I'm full of sh*t but loves me anyway, and that I can trust to know when I'm full of it. And yes, all of the above too. Someone who can help me when I need help, and reach out for help when he/she needs it.

KiyokosOnlyOnigiri
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2008, 2:13 pm

They're hard to find, but they are very loyal to you, while giving you space for you to be you. I had one, but I lost contact with them when I left... a place.

Differences48
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Sep 2008, 4:18 pm

A true friend is when each of you are equally willing to be around each other, but not in an intimate way. It means being there for each other in an at least almost equal if not equal manner and being able to look out for each other with no hard feelings or without unnecessary ridicule from said person. A true friend is someone who doesn't say one thing to you and than another thing to someone else (in most cases).

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:44 pm

some that helps with your restroom needs after you broke both arms.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:50 pm

I'd say a true friend is someone who accepts you as you are, plain simple.

of course you can use a snake to test the friendship... or break both your arms... lol

most of my friends have extremely different views/personalities than me, still we love and accept each other cause we've been through a lot of tough s**t together and we know we're all good people, can rely on each other no matter how bad it gets.

a true friend never leaves you on your own in times of trouble.

Gainer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2008, 5:29 pm

A friend is someone who will drop everything, sit next to you to cry with you, laugh with you or just be there for no reason whatsoever.

A true friend is also someone who does not talk behing your back, andis simply there, even if they are 700 km away

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:56 am

Somebody you dont need to use a lot of energy to understand or to make him/her understand you

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm

Someone who you know very well, vice versa, and really like a lot, and you can spend a lot of time with them without feeling bored.