Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jm314
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2005, 4:26 pm

Computer Geeks Rule! In computer classes you can tell who the geeks are as they're the ones coming back at lunchtimes to take computers apart.

Gibbs
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2006, 8:13 pm

Get this im 17 and in high school and the only person i have ever been bullied with is another kid with AS, and I have sorta fought back like if he pushes me i give a quick block and say what that hell is wrong with you, stop doing that!

SuXEed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2006, 5:27 am

With bullies, a beating is what they need. Ive been bullied at every school ive been to but 1 (so thats 5) and, being a complete mommy's boy, havent fought back. If i kicked the crap out of them the schools would do nothing, and the bullies sure as hell wouldnt. I wanted to leave people like them in parts every day but didnt. With hindsight, I should have.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2006, 4:02 am

When Some one touches me remotely with out invition or with exception if its at a consert or some thing when im prepered then I react with a resonably hard punch. It its a insult then I will punch. some people think its bad and I shouldent but its almost just a reaction. There was once when there was girl younger then me she put some grass on my head I gave her another chance which I normally never do. When she did it again i turned around but my hands around her neck and told her not to annoy me ever. She started coffing and saying she had athsma I knew she was lying because thats the type of thing you tell a teacher about. She hadn't told a teacher about her athsma which made me hate her more. When the teacher came over to see what happened she told what happened. This happened 3 years ago now I'm in a new school and still hate her I keep grudges for ages not to sure If thats a good thing or not I just can tell a good person and a bad person really fast.
One line of a song that i herd from Children Of Bodom that explains what gose thogh my head when i get to this stage:
I refuse to be brought down by you
Praise is far away from what you do
Not only are you cranking up my brain
I'm ready to blow you away

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2006, 11:26 pm

The last time I fought back, it scared the kid so much that he MOVED.

And it almost got me a police record.

So yeah... now I just ignore it.

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2006, 12:17 am

Did I fight back after being rullied? Rarely. Everytime I rose up, the bullies (usually in groups) and the SCHOOL (on occasion) would just knock me back down. Everybody around me downplayed the events as commonplace, and "something you have to put up with". So I ended up submitting more often than not. And verbal retaliation wasn't going to work on the sheer fact that 95% of the bullies I faced had the average IQ of a potato, with a neanderthal persona to match. So, know I leave all of my vengance up to Karmic Retribution; the man's way to get revenge (lazy and no work to it; let bad luck or their own stupid desicions ruin their lives).

If you wanna know my bullying history, check the other topic.

bgtbbum
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2006, 8:54 pm

In middle school, I used to get in fights left and right with kids that have bullied me. It ended up giving me a nickname, "Crazy Carl", that still haunts me today. Although, I have simmered down and haven't gotten in a fight since 9th grade. I grew up, and realised if I got in another fight, I would have a police record and not get a good future.

So now, I am "Swiss" to fighting. There are a few times that have got me to a boiling point, but simmered down later.

noisetank
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2006, 4:28 pm

hehehe... this reminds me of something not to long ago. there is this cowardish ret*d whos sortof a friend of mine named Justin Bailey, every weeknight ied come to my basement door, knock on it, hide, and when I came to far outside he would give me a titty twister and run to his car and drive off with his friends laughing, and after that he would d the same thing about 3 more times in the same knight, if I didnt answer the door he would look at me through my basement windows and make noises to pester me. Finally I had had enough with it, so me and one of my best friends formulated a plan, when they came one night, my kyle would come sneek behind them dressed up with a burglers mask and a bebe gun that looked like a revolver and threaten to shoot if justin didnt give him the keys, then when he got the keys he would jack there car and drive off, then when j8ustin and his friends came asking me for help this other guy I know would pop out and blast them with a hose. Justin would have gotten his car back but It wouldve been funny. But justin and his friends came late at 9 freaking o clock at night :x, by that time my friends had left., my friends came back but justin and his friends didnt come back again because they were pulled over by a cop.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2006, 9:45 pm

Hi all. I posted here on accident and then couldn't resist reading on. I'm old now and don't get bullied but still get ignored. I would usually let a bully harass me quite a bit until it really got on my nerves. I tried the freaky, melt you with my laser-gaze, don't mess with me I'm a psycho, looks and they never worked because I looked more like a pouty Barbie than a Witch. But when I got sick of it, I threw down my books, assumed my fighting stance and said, very quietly, "Bring it on". This happened only a few times and no one ever took me up on it. (Of course, we're talking girls here; it may be different for boys) I figured I could take on anything since I'd been fighting my abusing, jerk of an older brother all of my life. I also had a high tolerance to pain and not alot of fear. I have encouraged my 12 year old AS son to go ahead and fight, but only if the situation is serious. Now I'm not so sure he would be able to identify if it is serious and I'm rethinking my advice because he is a boy (testosterone) and he is the biggest kid in his school. He's pretty passive but he is going through puberty and is at times a smoking volcano. I'm glad I read this thread because reading your posts has made me remember what irresponsible anger is like. There is always the danger of not being able to stop; and the words "police record" have a negative ring to them!

halifaxkid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2006, 4:17 am

I'm very quiet in school. I hardly ever talk. I get bullied sometimes, but most of the time, I get the silent treatment from everyone in my school.
I've never been in a fight, I'm kind of a wimp, and I let bullies get away with anything they do or say to me.
I'm 15-years-old, and I'm in grade-9.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2006, 9:35 am

Don't let them get away with it, halifaxkid. Can't you talk to someone about it? Someone who is in a position to do something about it? The more bullies are sucessful at bullying the more they learn that it's okay to bully. That's not right.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2006, 10:53 pm

Here's how to fight back: You're in high school right? Chances are the bully is exceptionally rich and has some Porsche or Mercedes Benz. His car should be easy enough to find. Skip class for a day and use the time to drain his car of radiator fluid. Basic physics says now that without a fluid medium to transfer heat from the engine to the radiator, his car will eventually blow up while on the road. Spending the rest of your days in jail is only a small price to pay for the sweet taste of revenge!

On a more serious note, ignore the guy. If it really gets out of hand, consider applying for a restraining order. Now the law is on your side and the bully will be less likely to want to mess with you for fear of being arrested for contempt of court.

snowboardinstyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2006, 3:46 pm

I never knew how to handle my anger.

Nobody ever told me to defend myself, so I just took it. I wish I didn't, I wish I fought back, and maybe that is a regret of mine. But it's all I knew how to do at the time.

Anubis612
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2006, 3:53 pm

I used to be bullied much more than I am now, I almost wish now that I did fight back. In a way, I strive for a little payback. I am still teased time to time, but it is never bad enough to warrant a fight. The only moment that would have supported it, I had chickened out in. Sometimes, I resort to weird ways of fighting back against the lesser bullying. Weirding them out at times,(Hitting on them, saying weird things). Halifax, I do not know the most effective methods that would be able to help you, but try to twist their jokes around, so they blow up in their faces. Or point out their contradictions. Ignoring is possible, but I for one know that bullies are able to press on a very long time with bullying, even while one is ignoring the bullies.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2006, 8:58 pm

I studied in a feminine school. This already suck, because in a mixed school guys would defend me (since guys use to like me). So the agression was always mental instead of physical. The called me the ugly girl, the weirdo, they said nobody could like me (by "Like me", I mean as a person), that I was a nun, that I could never have friends, etc.. and they also used to use pranks on me.

My reaction was always the same: At first, I didn't pay attention to them. Sometimes because I didn't understand, sometimes because I wasn't fast enough to reply, sometimes because I was too lazy to reply and sometimes because I didn't care, period. Time taught me that when they realized I didn't understand or I didn't care enough, they got frustrated, because more than laughing at me, they wanted to actually hurt me.

Sometimes, it went further and it actually hurt me, so I cried regardless of what other people would think, I made sure that teachers could see me too so they'd ask me "why are you crying?" and then I told them everything. Teachers would be in my favour, as well as other students (like: oh how did you dare?), and bullies felt bad because they expected me to be hurt with silent resentment, not to cry shamelessly in front of the whole school. This second way worked because of this: at school, there are some implicit rules among students that you are suposed to follow. Some of this rules were: you don't cry in front of the whole school, or you'll show you're weakness, you'll embarrass yourself,etc... , if somebody does something wrong (even if it's to you), you must remain silent because if you don't, then you're a coward, a bad friend, a frog...
So when I cried, people assumed the thing others made to me was really, really bad (shame on them!)---> which it was. Bullies called me coward after that, but they are my enemies, so I don't care about what my enemies say. They also knew that I didn't pay attention to implicit rules, and that scares bullies a lot. They are comfortable when everybody plays by the rules, but when somebody doesn't, they just don't know what to do.

Some other times it went further in another way. For example, once I had to be with a group of those girls for a group work, and I ended up doing almost the whole job and putting it on computer. Then they "revised it" and decided I shouldn't go in the group because I did "everything wrong", and they went away with the work to another classroom. I went to that classroom too, calmly and unnoticed. When I reached them, I took the work from them and I destroyed it completely (of course, I had the work saved on my computer), then letting the tears I was holding flood. Teachers found out and punished them by giving them automatically the worst grade, while I presented the work alone and got the maximum grade. All this to say, when things went wrong the other way, I took revenge on them. Without showing anger.

Just once one of them tried to go physical. I kicked her on her leg (without showing anger), and she never bothered me again. It was at a school ceremony, while we were singing the national anthem. She said I was a violent girl, then stood back and they never even spoke to me again. Discipline coordinator saw as I did it, she did nothing to me because she knew I was bullied 8and because in school they always thought I was insane). She called my dad and told him what happened. When I went back home, I was afraid I would get punished at home for beating a girl. Dad bought a gift to me and said he was proud of me. And this is the most interesting thing of the case: although I was the "rejected" girl at school, the popular girls weren't the bullies. Even more, they were rather nice to me and unsupportive of bullying.

Of course, i'm a girl, so things work a little bit different to me. I am now in university, where I'm not bullied because there are guys to defend me. But if there weren't, I would be able to defend myself anyway.

To those who say that when they fight back people laugh at them: the solution is not not fighting back, the solution is fighting back the right way. People laugh at your anger, not at your punches, so punch them coldly, like if you were paid to do that, or take sweet revenge of them.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2006, 2:27 pm

Dang, I would really like to go back to one of those times and whack them in the face... I wasn't afraid to fight, I was afraid of the response from the powers that were. There. whatever.

The last time I nearly got into a situation involving fight was with this little kid who had a bunch of older friends to back him up. They were threating to jump me, and right now I kinda wish they had. I would have given them hell. :D I'm not that strong, but I don't stop.