Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2006, 2:17 pm

earthmonkey wrote:
I did fight back. All the time. Every time. Ever since 3rd grade. Problem was, since the school had the dumbass policy that as soon as a victim of bullying makes a move to defend themselves, then it's a "fight" which means that both get punished. I ended up fighting back anyway, knowing I'd get in trouble, just to know that THEY'D get in trouble, too, since the school would just find a way to turn the blame on me anyway.

Unfortunately, fighting back didn't always work. When I was in 7th grade, for example, four or five boys would start beating me up, and a bunch of people would just watch a girl get brutalized by a crowd of ruthless boys. Sure, I fought back, gave them bruises and hurt them, but there were just too many of them to actually do anything about it, so I got more hurt than any individual bully. And when I reported it, the counselor said that those boys wouldn't gang up on a girl like that, so she got me in trouble for "attacking" them. She said another incident like that and she'd have to recommend psychiatric intervention to my parents. :evil:

There are some people that are stupid like that. I think deep down in her heart she wouldn't do that to you. Maybe it is some stupid rule the school board has.

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2006, 3:01 pm

i didnt really get bullied much when i was at school (i left like 3 months ago o_0) but on the rare ocasions i did i just fought back :D i can be a pretty aggressive person if provoked, but the cool thing was, despite my near-total social isolation and hate of the crowds at school etc, i was still pretty much 'liked' if not a bit misunderstood. i had a small group of friends who would always defend me if i needed it, but the only people who ever really had a problem with me were the typical, overweight, tall, semi-sentient beings of pure hate who nobody else liked anyway.

And i seriously cant believe that, four guys beating up a girl? at ur/their age? and u getting accused of attacking them? maybe im just naive but that just makes me sick. imho thats just plain wrong. any bullying of any form is wrong, but maybe this is just the "macho" in me but that just seems plain evil. im suprised no-one stepped in and beat the c**p outta those boys, i certainly wouldave.

alot of people think fighting back is wrong, but tbh i think its the best option, it shows u cant just be walked over. most bullies are just cowards anyway and cant stomach anyone who fights back. however if fighting back is dangerous (ie like one of them is a 6'6 bruiser o.o) then its best to try and run or just avoid those people. i think there needs to be more support for anti bullying in schools.

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2007, 4:17 pm

I always fought back. Worse than the person before me. :twisted:

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2007, 9:53 pm

Normally, not many people bother me. I don't have AS as bad as some (and im not bragging, i am grateful for this), and i can act normal most of the time. Most people i know are my friends, or a 'neutral' that doesn't consider me a friend, but doesn't pick on me either (some do, but they mean it in jest and i take it in stride.). For the few that do hate me, i simply turn my nose up at verbal insults and walk away in a highly sophisticated manner.

As for physical abuse, no person at my school would dare lay a hand on me, for it would give me a grand excuse to unleash my secret and most powerful ninjutsu...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

12 Jan 2007, 11:24 pm

I fought back all the time in bullying and I get in trouble for it. Sometimes the bully get in trouble too because we were both fighting or we ran off because I was chasing the bully.

I haven't been bullied in a while because we moved to Montana and people here didn't bully. Sure I got teased or tried to get taken advantage of but that was about it.