By Yuri Kagayama
AP Business Writer
posted: 25 October 2005
05:04 pm ET

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 4:00 am

That's kinda scary. I wonder what would happen if they tried it on a subject with Aspergers?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 4:31 am

That would be so much fun to make a virus for!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

On a more serious note, I wonder if they could make one that works like an alarm clock to help you get up, and maybe tell the brain to give you a tiny but of adrenaline to get going, but not enough to cause an adrenaline rush so you won't feel exhausted immediatey after?

Or maybe someday design a transponder in dart form to shoot into people's brain from up to a mile away? :twisted: If I eve get a job in the defense industry, this device could keep me employed for a long time! 8)

lenny77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

01 Nov 2005, 5:40 am

8O

im scared!
another argument to prefer democracy instead the ruling by money

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 6:50 am

Sound almost like being a Star Trek Borg to Me.

Not so much fun either too.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 8:58 am

Excellent post, I was reading up on this a couple of days ago during a research period.

You can get the effect apparently by connecting a decent sized battery to the 8 (i think that's right) relay nerve in your ear. Though, I don't endorse trying it as it can induce some pretty bad side effects. You have to wonder why Nippon Telephone (amongst many other mobile phone service providers as well who are conducting such experiments) wish to master such a technology.