Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 10:40 am

I know this is probably a topic that is elsewhere but I'm not comfortable posting stuff elsewhere :oops: I was just wondering how jealous you get about other people like looks to marks and just everything. I always find myself extremely jealous of everyone whether it be because they can laugh about things and fit in or because they beat me in a test. If you have this problem how do you control it? I start hating those I actually like simply because of jealousy and I don't want to do that, it just takes me over. And if I'm jealous of someone for interacting with someone I'm close to I get annoyed at the person they were interacting with... then I'm left alone.
I just wanted some ideas on if anyone else has problems with being jealous and how you manage it, even if it isn't that teenagerish.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 11:40 am

I find myself incredibly jealous of people, and I thought it was just me. Often my jealousy is because people have stronger friendships with certain people than I do, and it gets me down a lot. Also people getting better marks than me, and often because they have the motivation to work, whereas I find it difficult to get my head down unless it is a piece of work that really interests me. And just things like that ... being accepted and fitting in of course is an issue because I'm steadily realising more and more how much I really don't fit in anywhere. But here I'm finding threads and posts that sound just like how I feel; this is one of those.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

01 Nov 2005, 6:15 pm

I am jealous of couples...I can't stand to see them. >.<

I envy women in general...well, for the most part.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2005, 3:42 am

I thought it was mainly just me as well, but yay, I'm not alone - I'm not sure if that's good or bad though.
I love your avatar OrangeMage :)
I'd love to know what to do when I get jealous, because I get depressed and upset and hate people instead of just getting over it, and I'm still not over half of the stuff I'm jealous of.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 1:24 am

I get jealous alot too! Liek today i was jealous because my guy friend was hanging out with a new girl...

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 10:15 am

I get jealous so much as well, except it may not be for tests, it could be for some other reason. But yeah, I don't take a liking in it either, since I don't want to hate anyone I know and/or respect.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2005, 10:48 pm

I get jealous when I come around WrongPlanet, because everyone seems like they're having such a fun time without me, and I feel left out...

I also sometimes feel jealous of people who are tall, because I'm 14 and I'm only 4'11".... it sucks :(

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2007, 2:36 am

Astarael wrote:
I know this is probably a topic that is elsewhere but I'm not comfortable posting stuff elsewhere :oops: I was just wondering how jealous you get about other people like looks to marks and just everything. I always find myself extremely jealous of everyone whether it be because they can laugh about things and fit in or because they beat me in a test. If you have this problem how do you control it? I start hating those I actually like simply because of jealousy and I don't want to do that, it just takes me over. And if I'm jealous of someone for interacting with someone I'm close to I get annoyed at the person they were interacting with... then I'm left alone.
I just wanted some ideas on if anyone else has problems with being jealous and how you manage it, even if it isn't that teenagerish.

I get jealous of people who can stand other people's negative and smart ass personalities. I am too sensitive for the negative, smart ass people. It's kind of funny because I can be a smart ass too.:lol:

I also get jealous of people if they are in the lime-light. And be comfortable with leading and taking charge.