Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Daran
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 9:17 pm

TallyMan wrote:
What are buses? Here in France the only transport going past is a farmers tractor once a day. The only noise is from woodpeckers tapping a tree or a cow mooing in the distance. It gets so dark at night you think the world has come to an end.

That sounds blissful, I wonder if I should move down to France?

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 9:52 am

So your country is at a standstill because your bus was late? :? Maybe your country has very little really worrying then if that's all that's going wrong. My native country has a far right party scoring 20% of votes, growing racism, intolerance towards minority groups, political crisis, ... and here in my adopted home Berlin unemployment is near 15%. If delayed buses is all that is going wrong in your area, then praise yourself lucky.

PS: I lived in Northern Ireland for a while and buses and trains were always quite punctual. No complaints there whatsoever. Here in Berlin the subway system and bus are almost always right on time...

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 3:43 pm

I understand you, Perambulator. We have the same problem in Ukraine, people have so many cars that it's impossible to get to the place in time. We're lacking pavements. So I prefer to go by foot...
If I could, I'd have forbidden to have cars, only city transport! :evil:

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

In Turkey traffic is extremely chaotic. Not that hard to guess with 15000000 people in the city... but still. I took the taxi so often and often wondered how I survived the ride. If the road in Istanbul has two lanes but you notice 3 cars next to each other: this is not uncommon, so don't be surprised. It is a miracle not more accidents happen...

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

aethra
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2008, 8:55 pm

At my parents house (rural) there were two buses a day and it took them two hours to get into town - as opposed to 15 mins by car. I've moved into town now and use trains, I don't like buses and have no reason to use them.

I think public transport may be having trouble with increased load just now due to the price of fuel - more people are using public transport than before. I'm one of them. I keep expecting the morning train to work to get an extra carriage because it's just getting busier and busier, but nothing yet. Maybe its affecting services a bit?