Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 6:23 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
Have you played one? Battle Network was actually a good game, though of course extremly different from the regular ones. Mainly the battle system in it was a lot of fun-the actual adventure elements of it were mostly pretty boring and drawn out, and they released a new one yearly. I played the first one and the sixth one, and actually thought the sixth one was better...less annoying adventure elements than the original.

Battle Network get renamed Star Force on the DS, and they've already had two of THOSE too. I guess it's not supposed to be as good (but geez, they've had EIGHT of those things since 2001!)

I tried playing Mega Man Battle Network 1 & 2 years ago, in certain way MMBN were good games, but I got bored fast, and it doesn't feel like Mega Man after all. Maybe my problem with Battle Network/Starforce is that I'm an old-school Mega Man fan.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 9:40 pm

I am so happy I love megaman I used to wish I was him, I am glad they are headed back to the basics because the recent ones have been good at best nothing amazing just good. I hope forte and Gospel are in the game too ^_^

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 11:56 pm

That trailer was hardcore; Capcom knows what they're doing!

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:38 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
I tried playing Mega Man Battle Network 1 & 2 years ago, in certain way MMBN were good games, but I got bored fast, and it doesn't feel like Mega Man after all. Maybe my problem with Battle Network/Starforce is that I'm an old-school Mega Man fan.

Yeah, it has basically nothing to do with Megaman. I enjoy the battle system though. The first one was really a slog to get through the adventure elements.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:02 pm

Would be awesome if it was an actual NES ROM.

Imagine playing the first NES game in like 15 years on a real NES 8O

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 11:09 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

Lets see here no that would be scary I remember beating my NES when the game wouldn't play grrrr dread dirt getting in the cartridge.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 8:25 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:

It would be completely awesome. I'd VASTLY prefer they release it like that-or at least on a physical media you own. Only issue with the NES is just that I should have bought a spare when I could :(

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 1:41 pm

philosopherBoi wrote:
Lets see here no that would be scary I remember beating my NES when the game wouldn't play grrrr dread dirt getting in the cartridge.

Sounds like someone needs a model 2 8O

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 1:42 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
I'd VASTLY prefer they release it like that...

That would be awesome, but highly unlikely =(

Just having the ROM to stick on a flash cart would be awesome enough...you know...whenever I get around to buying one... ¬_¬