Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 2:09 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
It has been my experience that most Aspies here are highly confrontational, either dont believe in God or hate him, quick to play the race card, and overtly homosexual.

When it comes to politics they are pretty much split down the middle. Half will spend nine hours writing definitive textbook propaganda pieces they claim to be factual, and the other half cant tell the difference between FOXnews and CNN.

You will probably fit in well here

Thankyou Fred, for your above statements. :)

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 4:31 pm

LTP wrote:
Orwell wrote:
If we're going to posit cognitive superiority of one race over another, don't Jews and Asians typically score higher on various tests than do Europeans? How is this reconciled with hatred of Jews? Is it jealousy? :lol: And of course, most of these white supremacists just ignore Asians entirely. Fact is, different racial groups are probably no different in terms of intelligence. Differences in skin color are controlled by a relatively small number of genes which don't seem to impact any other traits. And there were actual reasons for different populations of humans to produce different levels of melatonin based on the local climate. There is no reason why a group of primitive humans living in the Rhineland or Scandinavia would have had any need to develop a higher level of intelligence than that found in humans in Africa or Asia.

Have you read Guns, Germs and Steel orwell? The author talked about how if there are innate cognitive differences between the races; africans, aboriginals, native americans etc make better canidates for the "smarter" race since their environments punished stupidity much more then societies who lived in urban settings.

So, Orwell and LTP, what you’re saying is that the races are all the same, but even if they were not, whites would be down at the bottom. Talk about eating your cake and having it! Now are you both sure your opinions on this matter are not simply motivated by a desire to stick it to all those ‘white supremacist’ boogie-men your TV sets have taught you to fear and despise?

Do you guys have a purely non-hereditary explanation for why Jews and Asians do well on cognitive tests?

Orwell, if you dug a little deeper you’d find that most of the people you’ve been taught to smear as ‘white supermacists’ are fully aware of the higher IQ’s of Jews and Asians, and they are not in the least bit bothered by it. The fact that you think they should be indicates that you have conflated two separate issues in your mind: the issue of loyalty based on genetic kinship, and the issue of how genes influence phenotypic traits. To illustrate - think about why mothers love their children: it's because of the genetic bond they have with them, not because they honestly think they are smarter than every other child in the world.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 4:36 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
It has been my experience that most Aspies here are highly confrontational, either dont believe in God or hate him, quick to play the race card, and overtly homosexual.

When it comes to politics they are pretty much split down the middle. Half will spend nine hours writing definitive textbook propaganda pieces they claim to be factual, and the other half cant tell the difference between FOXnews and CNN.

You will probably fit in well here

Which group do you belong to?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:01 pm

codarac wrote:
So, Orwell and LTP, what you’re saying is that the races are all the same, but even if they were not, whites would be down at the bottom.

No, just pointing out that, if we accept the measures white supremacists like to use to claim themselves superior to blacks, we would have to acknowledge white inferiority to the Japs and Jews. I don't regard those measurements as valid, I was just pointing out an apparent internal contradiction in the ideology being pushed.

Quote:
Now are you both sure your opinions on this matter are not simply motivated by a desire to stick it to all those ‘white supremacist’ boogie-men your TV sets have taught you to fear and despise?

I won't speak for LTP, but I don't watch TV. I have met racists in real life (I live in Copperhead territory), and they disgust me.

Quote:
Do you guys have a purely non-hereditary explanation for why Jews and Asians do well on cognitive tests?

Those are two cultures that are known for an emphasis on studiousness. Wow, that really wasn't very difficult.

Quote:
Orwell, if you dug a little deeper you’d find that most of the people you’ve been taught to smear as ‘white supermacists’ are fully aware of the higher IQ’s of Jews and Asians, and they are not in the least bit bothered by it.

OK then, what's with the anti-Semitism? After that "blood libel" crap you just posted, don't even try to deny that you hate Jews. Most of these researchers apparently would want something done about lower-IQ races. Does this mean we should try to encourage China to reverse the one-child policy so that there will be more smart Asians, and place strict limits on reproduction for the dumb Irish?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:11 pm

OK, how about this: IF we accept the validity of various conventional measures of intelligence such as IQ tests (and that is a huge "if"), then the conclusion to draw is that blacks are dumber than whites, while Asians and Jews are smarter. The remaining question is the cause of this. Is it somehow a cultural phenomenon? Is it genetic? Does it have something to do with environment? Binet, one of the first major researchers into intelligence, believed that the differences were caused mainly by environment (and in any case, he only wanted to use information gained from IQ testing to provide special help to people who needed it, not to discriminate against people) while Terman thought it was more genetic and was in favor of killing off the "inferior" races. You say it's genetics, others would disagree.

However, the validity of these tests is still very hotly disputed, so any debate on this second question could be made moot depending on what the eventual conclusions are on the first question. Essentially, the debate has uncertain premises, and that makes rational discussion difficult if not impossible. I say, screw it and let smart individuals reap the benefits of their intelligence while dumb individuals fail. I don't see what we would really do with the knowledge that, say, Jews are on average 1.2% smarter than the Japanese. Is that a useful distinction? Would such knowledge, if available, have any practical application? After, all, we are still only speaking of averages even if the entire debate were conceded to you (which there is no reason to do). "I abhor averages. I like the individual case. A man may have six meals one day and none the next, making an average of three meals per day, but that is not a good way to live." ~ Louis D. Brandeis Judging individuals on their individual merits makes more sense (and is more practical) than drawing racial lines.