New.... Glad there's actually a place to talk about this....

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Metal_Mushroom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2005, 6:13 pm

I am metal mushroom.... I guess I've had quite a life which is now in a period of dull stagnation. I've been on the bottom, the top and everywhere in between, but mostly trying to climb out of the cracks I'd just slipped through. I'm 21 years old and going to University, which I find mind and soul-numbing.

I guess that I'll put down a brief introduction.... I love heavy metal.... I love analyzing history, current events, society and on an even greater level, reality, consciousness and existence. I am also fascinated by psychedelic substances and the unbelievable levels of experience and being that they can unlock.

For most of my life I've been different I guess.... I have many typical Aspie symptoms, but doctors have been reluctant to diagnose me with anything in particular. When I was about 12, I guess that they felt that I have a mild level of Asperger's. It's been a gift and a curse- I have advanced abilities that very few people have, but I'm also deficient when it comes to many critical abilities that the majority of people have. I don't have a high level of Asperger's, but I definitely have enough of it to severely f*ck me over if I'm not careful, or more accurately, if I'm not being constantly vigilant in my efforts to self-improve. I've been lucky enough to have had good friends and social circles throughout my life, but those can easily slip through my fingers.... I have no idea how to flirt and looking back at opportunities that were practically handed to me on a platter and not knowing how to handle them, or not even recognizing them at the time, kinda f*cking sucks eh?

Anyway, reading through this forum has really shown me that I'm not alone in this world. Although I can understand and get along with a lot of NT's and share common problems or ways of thinking with them, it's really great to be able to find a community of people that I can identify with on this level.

I look forward to many interesting discussions....

I'll split my head in two and see you twice"

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Nov 2005, 7:13 pm

Hi Metal mushroom :D

Welcome to WP, i hope you'll find what you've looking for here like i did :)

Just the way you talk (write) and the things you describe ressemble a lot to myself. I am not an expert and you haven't talk a lot yet but you "feel" Aspie to me.

May i ask where in Canada you are ?

I've been very busy :wink: through my life with experimenting the psychedelic world. It brought me to the point where i question the reality itself: How could it be different while i'm under influence ? To what extend the reality is just a reconstructed model in my brain ? For a perception to take place you need a stimuli, a sense, and what ? What is the perceiver ? Feel free to PM me, or continue here, if you want to talk about that, and anything else....

Metal_Mushroom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2005, 7:40 pm

Wow, good to hear from a fellow psychonaut on the very first reply!

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia....

What you're saying about reality is spot on in my opinion... All we know about the world around us is what our senses tell us.... Our brains categorize all the information that we've absorbed over the years and in a way our reality is just a (fairly limited) personal construct. When things get de-categorized, you start seeing 360 degrees and your ego dies, you realize just how much more is out there....

I'm a man who's always enjoyed his deep thinking and there's nothing I love more than being able to think like 1000X my normal rate.... It's important not to overuse these substances, but it was mushrooms that taught me that I am my own ally and salvia that taught me that there are states of being that my brain cannot even comprehend.

Anyway, I'll send you a PM with a link to a pretty good website I just found.

I'll split my head in two and see you twice"

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 9:25 pm

\m/ :twisted: \m/

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 12:09 am

"This isn't real?"
"What is real? How do you define real? If you define real as what you can see and smell and touch, then real is just electronic signals interpreted by your brain."

Like you, I am also interested in consciousness and existence. Not so much in history or current events. I don't like psychedelics all that much, though. Reality is immutable, unchangeable. Psychedelics, as the name implies, simply affects how your brain interprets the electronic signals. Take sight, for example. Light is reflected off or emitted by objects, sending photons streaming to you. Your eyes code those photons into electronic signals. Does taking a psychedelic change the photons? Or even, the object they are bouncing off? Of course not. Reality is not dependent on what we can see or smell or touch. Its not a construct of your brain. Your perception of reality, though, is entirely your own construct.
Einstein theorized that matter and energy is interchangeable. You lose mass, and you release energy. But in a system, energy is always conserved, right? So where does that energy come from? Matter is energy frozen into an observable pattern. When matter is "lost", it loses its fixed pattern, and is generally transformed into the patterns of heat and light.

The one area I would disagree with Einstein, though, is regarding time. Time, I think, is immutable. It progresses inexorably, at the same rate. Einstein's postulation was based on looking at London's Big Ben, as you speed away from it near the speed of light. Looking back at the clock face, it would appear to slow down, as the photons reflecting off the face, would take longer to reach you. Now imagine someone is standing right at Big Ben, unmoving. The clock would move at the same rate as it always did. If the speeding observer relies on his own watch, he would notice that time still progressed at the same rate. Only the perception of time in another frame of reference changes depending on the state of movement of both your frame and the frame of reference that is being observed.

So where does consciousness fit into this reality? The question regarding consciousness, is whether or not it is a higher energy, of a complex and unmeasured form; or as a result of the energy of the brain's configuration of neurons. We may never know what consciousness is, but we can see its effect on other energy patterns. The existence of an effect, answers the above question. The act of observing, changes that which is being observed.
Personally, I think that the energy of consciousness is not fixed into a single pattern. The pattern can be influenced by the pattern; self-change, if you will. Psychedelics, can be other such energies, that help change the pattern. Such flexibility, surely the energy can not only change between patterns, but absorb other energies.

Oh, and btw, welcome to WP!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 12:32 am

Wow, I was just pondering up more additions to my current theory of social-ness, etc. Glad to meet someone else like me. :D I'm into observing and analyzing society at large, and how it all works.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 4:33 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet! I hope you enjoy posting here!

salamander132
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2019, 12:04 am

I frequently visualize the disparity of human essence as a 'gap' such as the square root of 3. This number, arbitrary and like many more, goes on indefinitely. In this sense, only the number itself truly understands its full being. Such, I theorize, is the same with humans. As we all process the world around us through personal filters (religion, philosophies, juxtaposed with recent events) our selves become ever more unique to each other. This being the case, it is impossible to come to assumptions about another person. If someone in front of me is standing without assistance of crutches, etc. I can reasonably assume that they can transport themselves via walking and thus have the experience of walking. Just as if I come in contact with a young child who I see reading, I can reasonably assume that they have basic comprehension of the language and I may then attempt to engage them in dual reading. This becomes a problem when people begin to assume unwarranted things about another human. For instance, if someone is wearing a hijab, someone may assume negative things about them. This is a completely illogical practice. While personal perception and reality are important, it is also very important to not force our realities upon another human, just as I would not want another human to force their reality onto me.