Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:21 pm

If I got dumped, I might be sad for like, 2 minutes, but then I would be more angry and have a kind of "Screw him, he's just an idiot." attitude and I'd be fine. haha

-Me and Schuyler

Phasianoraptor_hirvisaloi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2008, 2:31 pm

I've been dumped twice, and yes, I cried for the unexpectable bitterness of it. And still go on crying, even given the fact that both happened several years ago.

sorgenfri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2008, 2:32 pm

Never got dumped but I`d be sad but he** if im going to cry because you have found someone new. Would be a whole lot better if he was`nt pleased and satisfied though and hope she dumped him the next week.(What a waste 8) )

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 3:19 pm

It's one way or the other... either it doesn't affect me at all or I'm a mess for months. Of course this is from a sample size of like 5 so take it with a grain of salt. (3 fine... 2 mess)

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 1:17 pm

sorgenfri wrote:
Never got dumped but I`d be sad but he** if im going to cry because you have found someone new. Would be a whole lot better if he was`nt pleased and satisfied though and hope she dumped him the next week.(What a waste 8) )

haha That's a good point...

-Me and Schuyler

Cormac_doyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2008, 1:26 pm

When I was dumped, the question that I obsessed over was "why". I couldn't understand why, because she never explained.

Eventually I managed to break the obsession and "close the book" ...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 9:29 am

Yes, but at the same time I was glad too. He was not very nice and did some stuff behind my back.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 10:19 am

It has been almost 14 years since my best friend broke up with me and I still cry on occasion. I will never stop loving her.

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 4:45 pm

^I totally got a sinking feeling inside when I read that. I'm sorry. :(

-Me and Schuyler

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 5:35 pm

Alternative wrote:
Has anyone ever not cried after being "dumped", or "dumping someone?"

I can imagine getting dumped, and not being affected by it all, because of the way I am. :)

I was quite upset for one "break up," and I we weren't even considered "an item"...

Nearly every breakup I've been part of involved 2 things. Me drifting off. Her drifting off. That's it. I've really never felt close to anyone. Tho, the last break up I was haunted by my inabilities and lack of caring...

Not caring f-ing sucks after a while man, it might be alright now, but it WILL catch up to you.

MisterHeron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2008, 6:32 pm

The first girl I ever got really emotionally attached to, when we separated, it really messed with me. I didn't leave the house for a week, and for the next two months didn't go out of the house more than an hour or two a week at most. I ended up completely withdrawing from University because of it, lest my grades show the results of what had happened between us. I was really sad, bitter, and depressed. It haunted me for a while.

The last one I was with though, we ended things amicably. She seemed to take it pretty well, even though I was the one who initiated the break-up. I imagine it seemed quite sudden to her, given how it happened.

Sadly, I've never managed a close, physical relationship. It's always been with lots of distance, and never being able to meet before things went completely haywire. To be honest, it would be nice to hold somebody close, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. That in itself is one of the causes of my frequent depressions...