New Yorker Obama Cover Sparks Uproar

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

monty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

jrknothead wrote:
If there's one thing that this episode shows clearly, it's that Barack Obama doesn't have thick enough skin to serve as president... here's a man who cries foul at every percieved insult... is it wise to give such a man the nuclear launch codes?

Ok, but McCain's response was basically identical to Obamas. Both thought it was tasteless and fell short of being funny.

jrknothead wrote:
Obama's been playing the victim the entire campaign ...

My interpretation is that he has addressed some of the criticisms he thought were unfair or innacurate (disagreeing with them) and then he moved on. I have watched a few of his speeches throughout the campaign, and don't think he is rolling in victimhood at all.

Raptor wrote:
He'll sell all of our nukes to the more radical Islamic nations and North Korea to fund more social programs here, after draining us poor tax payers dry of our hard earned money.

Lol - you crack me up. Just because Obama stole my bike, smashed up Kallister's garden, and was seen in New Orleans right before the levies failed doesn't mean he is a bad guy. That's why America loves Obama!

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Jul 2008, 1:50 pm

The same cable news channels that are condemning this new yorker cover are forgetting that they're the ones who came up with the "terrorist fist bump" non-story and the obama going to an "extremist muslim" elementary school myth. That's scarier to me then any sort of satire cartoon. Quite frankly, the issue should be about racism in cable news channels.

Dilemma
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2008, 12:19 am

Well said Alex! Completely agree. There are much bigger (and, um, realer!) issues to deal with, but of course, this is what will sell their magazine.