Page 8 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How do you feel about the subject of UFO's and Aliens??
Earth is the only planet in the universe that supports life. 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I believe that there is probably life out in the universe, but UFO's and alien abductions are false. 53%  53%  [ 37 ]
I believe that there is life out in the universe and that UFO's and alien sightings are real. 33%  33%  [ 23 ]
I'm not sure. 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 70

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:01 pm

Haliphron wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
I assume that somewhere in the Universe aliens exist, but what we or our friends see, or mass-media tell us about the UFO is really not worth attention. It might be an optical illusion like Aurora Borealis :tongue:

The skepticism surrounding UFOs and aliens by rationalists strikes me as very odd. There really are NO obstacles in physical law precluding extraterrestrial life AND extraterrestrial intelligence.

You're not attentive. Read again:"I assume that somewhere in the Universe aliens exist". Yes, I'm a sceptic, but at least I never argue with those who is more rational than I am.

Larree
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2008, 5:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
Larree wrote:
I personally know that we, I mean "they," do travel through space using concepts and technologies that are way beyond our wildest scifi theories! Yeah, Beam me up!

Evidence, Please?

Those who tell don't know. Those who know don't tell.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 6:18 pm

Fnord- looking at the 6 defining characteristics which define a living organism, Im reminded of the long antiquated Gaia Hypothesis. On the other hand I Have often wondered if Stars are *alive*. Stars certainly DO have a (thermonuclear)metabolism and release enormous amounts of energy; and while it may not appear to be so they also have internal structure. But the thing about stars is that they Do reproduce. When a suffient-sized star it leaves behind a nebula of glowing gas which 'seed' the formation of new "baby" stars. But I have to ask: WHAT do you consider to be admissible evidence as far as UFO cases are concerned?

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 6:41 pm

I have seen ufos

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 6:43 pm

Haliphron wrote:
WHAT do you consider to be admissible evidence as far as UFO cases are concerned?

"Hello, we're from the Pan-Galactic Imperium, and we're here to help you."

In mundane terms, my own irrefutable close encounter of the third kind, complete with real extraterrestrial aliens.

nightbender wrote:
I have seen ufos

Who hasn't?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 2:15 am

I am reading "the God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. As he points out on a conservative estimate there should be 1 billion planets with the correct orbit around a sun to support life similar to ours, I reckon there is a good chance that wer are not alone. Plus I have seen some things that need a fair bit of explaining. Plus my partner believes she saw a UFO close up and taking off

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 9:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
WHAT do you consider to be admissible evidence as far as UFO cases are concerned?

"Hello, we're from the Pan-Galactic Imperium, and we're here to help you."

In mundane terms, my own irrefutable close encounter of the third kind, complete with real extraterrestrial aliens.

Well in that case, why is it more likely that extraterrestrial spacecraft-if they do exist-have actual aliens on board rather than being autonomous robot craft? Look at our on species for cryin out loud :P The furtherest we've sent humans so far is to the Moon BUT, we have robot probes which are at the edge of the solar system headed out into interstellar space. It is my firm conviction that if extraterrestrial intelligence exists and has technology, their probes are more likely to reach our solar system than either their planetary radio signals OR spacecraft with aliens aboard.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:18 am

An E-T robot probe would suffice ... a real one, of course.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.