Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2005, 12:31 am

I swear I'm the only one with common sense where I work. I work at a Burger King, and everyone is an idiot.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 12:44 am

I went there for breakfast the other day and the cashier said my total was "about $5." WTF ABOUT????

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Nov 2005, 1:28 am

I could go on and on for hours about why it sucks, but no one would understand a damn thing I was talking about.

I've seen it all. I've been there for two years too long. I don't even remember half of the people I have worked with, and most of the people who have started after me have quit. I've almost gotten fired many times, yup..

To top it off, I get scheduled more than I need/requested. Don't give me this crap, maybe if you hired the good people who applied, instead of throwing their applications in the trash I'd be happy. For the past few months we've been hiring like crazy, people keep getting hired, then quit, or the oldbies quit. As long as I get a new job by summer I'll be happy. I can get that new car a year sooner...

We have a cashier who can't even count change, and it even says so on the register... I think she got fired for not coming in today, and breaking some of the rules.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 10:58 am

Fast food is good every once in a while, but not every day.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 1:53 pm

If you have a Chick-Fil-A near you, they're the ones to work for. They seem to have the most consistently intelligent workers, plus you're off on Sundays. Who knows, they may even pay a little better.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 4:31 pm

I work at a cracker barrell washing dishes, whilt Im completing my internship and the rest of school.It's harder work, but it pays alot better than fast food. I worked in fast food for about 4 years and it sucked. A friend of mine got a hamburger thrown in her face because they didn't have the right toy for her son.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2005, 9:52 pm

I have enough in the bank to "retire" for a year or so, but I need $$$ for my new car fund.

I know what I want, I've yet to take it for a test drive, just saving enough so I can get my payments less than $300 a month. I'm only a few grand away... Wish me luck

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 11:24 pm

Ugh! I know exactly what you're talking about. My very first job was at Burger King and after working there for a year, I got a job at Taco Hell, er um...Bell and stayed five years...five years too long. The thing I hate about working at fast food places is people automatically assume you're dumb or you're so worthless they can treat you any way they want. And so can your fellow co-workers, it seems.

It's great you're working hard for something you want and it takes true disipline to go to work at a job that's less than desirable. But be on the look-out for other opportunities. I learned the hard way two years of any fast food on a resume doesn't look good to potential employers outside that industry. Even sit-down restaurants don't count it as food service experience and are reluctant to hire former fast food workers. :roll: