Women Marrying Off in Their Mid-Twenties

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 9:24 pm

As I get older, I am starting to notice more and more women around my age are either engaged or already married. Many of them have already had many years of experience with the opposite sex and have found someone they feel they want to spend their life with, effectively removing them from the pool of available women. This means that I have fewer potential "candidates" to meet. Since basically I got a very late start at dating and relationships, I am new and don't know what I'd find most appealing in the long run, but I'm blocked from this if the majority of women I meet are already happily in a long-term relationship.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 9:28 pm

If it's any consolation, most of those marriages won't last very long.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 9:31 pm

Cyberman wrote:

Divorcées with fresh out of a marriage with a kid are not very attractive. (The prospect of raising another man's child is very unattractive.)

twosheds
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2008, 9:39 pm

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 9:52 pm

twosheds wrote:
http://xkcd.com/314/

Do people have a catalogue of these memorized, just ready to whip out when the moment is right or something?

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 10:04 pm

Cyberman wrote:

:lol: Many NTs get married because that's what the rest of the tribe are doing.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 10:08 pm

the cut-off age usually seems to be 29-30. If you're not having curtain-pullers by then, the problems with having kids gets worse.

It may make the job harder, but there are still women out there who aren't attached yet. Fiances do stray, turn gay, or go away...;) You may have to work harder, but there's still some good women out there of an age...probably getting concerned they're not finding anyone either...

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2008, 10:11 pm

twosheds wrote:

Ha-ha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

That was hilarious.

Thank you :)

As for the OP don't fret guy. We'll all be fine once evolution takes it's course and the douchebag population dies off due to things like STD's and Aids ... seriously my room mate sleeps with so many women I have lost count.

But me on the other hand I pick and choose but prefer spending most nights alone ...

Tonight I would love to have a girl over and sleep side by side ... but unless you are sexually active this is becoming less and less available ...

but like I said ... don't be a mopy gus just keep your chin up :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 10:11 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
twosheds wrote:

Do people have a catalogue of these memorized, just ready to whip out when the moment is right or something?

oh, wow, how cool would THAT be?

Merle

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2008, 11:02 pm

here's my woman's perspective on it.
women are generally just ready to marry sooner.
many want the whole family and kids thing and hear that biological clock ticking. really you ant to start sooner rather than later becasue of the potential for complications increasing as you get over 35, but you also want time to establish your marraige before having kids. so mid 20's just seems to be the thing.
in general, a person has finished school and is working in their carreer field, and they'll get married and in a few years have kids that gives them about 5-6 years in a carreer to pay off student loans and get a house or whatever, so that by about 28-30 they are ready for kids.
just my perspective, and i am well aware this does not always happen like this it is just a GENERALIZATION and will not apply to all people and circumstances.
it also seems that a lot of people meet in their college years and by mid 20's have been dating for a while so marraige is the next step.

Be patient, you don't want to marry the wrong person or someone who isn't ready for it. maraige is a lot of work and while there are definate benefits there are also a lot of costs to go along with it.
in the mean time work on any issues you can in yourself, and hopefully you'll eventually meet the right person for you. it may just take them a while to realize the beer guzzling moron they are with right now won't change much.

and while it is true that witin a few years many of them may be divorced that doesn't automatically mean kids are involved. it can also be an advantage becasue if they were left then they are less likely to do that to you becasue they know what it feels like.

hope this long post helps.
(btw- i'm in the later part of my mid 20's and have a divorce under my belt)

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 11:16 pm

There truly is an xkcd that applies to any given forum thread.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2008, 11:52 pm

ahh. the joys of sitting and observing the great universe with my spyglass of truth!

Yeah, I wouldn't be bummed, most marriages fail in this country. We aren't a monogamous species. no species on earth is. The reason why they work in other countries is because of culture, not love. They only stay together, most don't even love each other.

Is it the aspie way to be fixated on one thing? And does this carry over into romance, I find it helpful to like multiple girls, that way you can always fall back, never put all your eggs in one basket, like that SteelToad guy seems to think.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 1:12 am

Wow, I have the same problem. It seems that everyone is already in a relationship and/or married with kids. Not to mention a good job or a prestigious college.... :cry:

That's why I don't go to many parties or hangouts anymore. The last couple of times I did, all everybody chatted about was their brilliant careers, kids, homes, and relationships while I silently chugged my margaritas down. The only words that could come out of my mouth were "Wow" "That's great" "Yeah" "Fantastic" "Well you seem to have it made.".....(Yawn)

It makes me feel like a 13 year old around a bunch of boring adults sometimes.

"Look at my ring, can you believe it?" :D

:|

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2008, 1:18 am

relax, they'll be reeling the decision when that biological desire to sleep around sets in, then you get Desperate Housewives.
As for the men, well, that's what overtime is for. :wink:
Hate to think about the kids though, caught up in someone else's emotional doodoo, that's why you shouldn't marry unless you know what you're getting into.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 2:13 am

windscar15 wrote:
like that SteelToad guy seems to think.

wait... what? Who'd I piss off now?

intense
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2008, 6:25 am

It's one of those funny things in life, if you're single everyone else seems to be in relationships and if you're in a relationship there seems to be an awful lot of single people about!