Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cormac_doyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jul 2008, 7:59 am

About two years ago, I was fairly obsessed with one of my co-workers ... but I suppose I "got over it" when she went to Oz to work for our Australian office.

I found out that she transferred back to our European office last week, and Damn, but she's just as hot as I remember.

Haven't been able to concentrate all day :(

Unfortunately, I happen to know that even if I did manage to start a relationship with her, it would be messy - official office policy dictates that one of us would have to transfer to a different department, 'coz I'm now in a role which can materially affect her promotional prospects.

Doesn't stop my heart doing backflips when I see her :(

Grrr ... gotta concentrate on my work, and hope she doesn't (or does?) ask for assistance on her case-load ...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 8:17 am

Yeah a relationship with a coworker in that setting is generally a bad idea (unless the relationship started before both involved started working for the same company). I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you do decide to go for it, you have to be very careful to keep your business and personal life separate. Too many people have been fired in that poasition...

Cormac_doyle

21 Jul 2008, 8:33 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Yeah a relationship with a coworker in that setting is generally a bad idea (unless the relationship started before both involved started working for the same company). I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you do decide to go for it, you have to be very careful to keep your business and personal life separate. Too many people have been fired in that position...

True ... but then I'll probably never pluck up the courage anyway ...

She's always very friendly when she talks with me, and knows that I'm separated from my ex ... but I'd rather have a friendship with her than screw it up by asking her out for a date ...

Autisvic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2008, 12:23 pm

I asked a co-worker out once.

It was a bad idea, considering
we used to sit opposing each-
other. She said no.
Thank goodness. I hate to
think how awkward it would
have been everyday if she
had said yes.