Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 10:27 pm

Delirium wrote:
Occasionally I wear Ophelia, by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

AHA!! !! I Love BPAL, that's where I get most of my perfume from. Mostly I just have imps, but I have bottles of Zombi and Nosferatu.. Which ones have you tried? I've tried about 35 or so. My favorites are Zombi, Nosferatu, Lampades, Hymn, Urd, High John The Conqueror, and Verdandi.
(I'm dying to try the new steampunk scents, and the new carnaval ones)

They have hardly any throw on me, though.. So usually if I'm wearing perfume you can't smell it unless you're right next to me.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:35 am

Favorite:

Also like Jovan Musk. These are the two my dad wore, really don't like anything else. Mom's stuff staaaanks. Think her nose is a wee bit on the "tolerant" side...

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 3:43 am

I enjoyed "Open Road" though it's "male" fragrance... Now I like Valentino's "Rock'n'Rose".

Argon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2008, 3:54 am

I like fresh smells, such as when my hair has just been washed. I can smell the shampoo fragrance on it, same for my clothes. I hate strong perfumes. I once had a bf who I could smell before he entered the room his aftershave was so strong...it was horrible.

I like spraying a soft 'fresh linen' type fragrance in my laundry cupboard, that way I get the smell I like on my clothes without it being too strong.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:07 am

-JR wrote:
Mom's stuff staaaanks. Think her nose is a wee bit on the "tolerant" side...

how old is she? as people age their noses become less and less sensitive, if they smoke the same happens. my parents don't wear perfume or cologne unless it's a special occasion, in which case my mom will wear something light sometimes. my dad doesn't wear any.

Argon wrote:
I like fresh smells, such as when my hair has just been washed. I can smell the shampoo fragrance on it, same for my clothes.

i'm the same way, i love a girl's scent when they're fresh out of the shower because shampoo and lotion usually smell just strong enough to get my attention, but not so strong that they irritate me.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:07 pm

I like subtle scents...can't stand stuff you can smell long before/after the person wearing it has gone by.

Some faves include: vanilla, as long as it doesn't smell like Playdoh (yuck!), coconut, lime or grapefruit. My shampoo has a rosemary/minty scent that's awesome!

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 11:44 pm

Ahaha, I LOVE the smell of play-doh!

Yep, beefburrito, I think you be right mate, she's in her 50s. Makes sense.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:33 am

Mum2ASDboy wrote:
I LOVE wearing fragrance!! ! I have got a few and mix it up (typical nt lol) like Imari one day then Little Black Dress another. I can't wear one I have that I like tho due to an allergy to it.

Lol! I love fragrances. I don't wear them (allergies also) but I go into Body Works and just sniff everything in the room. : )
But if someone has too much on then yes it does bother me lots.

keviefriend
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2010, 1:59 am

One day when I was 22, I woke up to a text that a friend of mine had been hired at a perfume shop at the mall.
So I went to visit her, walked in, and nearly died. I had never been allergic to ANYTHING.
So, I gave away everything I had at home. Never bought any more perfume.
Then, one day when I was 25 (IE, this past year), I put on deodorant and got this horrid rash. It was the same stuff I'd been using since I was 16 (Which is when they discontinued what I was using before that)
Then, the rash wouldn't go away. So, I decided to try washing my clothes in some non-scented detergent, and the rash went away!
So, I don't do any of it. I also get headaches from others' stuff (my boss, especially). I also get headaches from the laundry detergent aisle at the store, and walking in the mall, the stores that spray fake scent, like Abercrombie and Hollister, for instance.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 3:31 am

Sometimes I put on perfume if I find one of those smelly sample pages in a magazine or if I'm in a department store or something, but I don't own any. XD;;
I reeeaaally like rose-scented perfume, (my friend had some once..) but I would feel way too girly wearing it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 4:12 am

I wear anti-perspirant and that's about all. I do have some perfume (Ja'Dore/Dior) but it never gets used. As a matter of fact I'd forgotten I owned it :P

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2010, 5:29 am

Yes. Valentino's Rock & Rose.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2010, 5:30 am

Haha just read the thread.

Chaotica wrote:
Now I like Valentino's "Rock'n'Rose".

Snap 8)

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.