Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 3:55 pm

Article in the Houston Chronicle got my gears going.

A Musical Hermit Who Permeated Pop Culture

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 3:58 pm

Possibly maybe...I am supposed to go see him with my dad....I will see if my aspiedar goes off and report back to you.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2008, 6:39 pm

Hi, there! Back in the early 1980's, I was a HUGE FAN of Todd Rundgren and Utopia...had every album( remember those?) saw them in concert, etc... I wonder if I liked them so much because they really were outstanding in their field, literally, separate from the the artists... he was a genius with the synthsizers, used computers earlier than others in the 80's, very intelligent, I would not be surprised if he has the traits for asperger's... I would like to start hearing his music again as well... I had tickets in my hand for the Cars Concerts a few years ago, but the date was the same time as our daughter's graduation, so I could not go see them..Peace!

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 9:13 pm

Olivia, your response made me feel like a general who just sent out a spy :) Or the editor of the Aspie Gazette waiting for the results of your secret investigation hehe

I confess to never really picking up a Rundgren album. But I have heard of him from music writers who try to describe some power-pop, beatlesque bands.

On a side note...I wish there was a smiley with a guitar.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:42 am

Alas, computer wouldn't open the article, but I remember XTC's Andy Partidge comparing Todd Rundgren to "Mr Spock on stilts".

oopswrongplanet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2023, 4:34 pm

I wanna necro this post simply because Todd Rundgren has been my obsession ever since I discovered his music two years ago. One of his band's albums is the inspiration for my username.

To answer the question: no, maybe a small chance. But he is one of the highest functioning autistics to have been. However, his music is incredibly relatable to anyone who struggles with anything, including autism in my case.