Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 7:07 am

A question to everyone with an ASD/related conditions or those with relatives/kids with ASDs:

1. Mirror
This is about when you look into a mirror. If you want to make your mirror image move forward, do you distance yourself from the mirror, e.g. step back?
Or did you do that at one time?

2. Standing opposite of a person
In situation when you stand opposite of another person. If you want to point out something on their left cheek by showing that on your own body, do you touch your right cheek?

Most people usually mirror others. If you touch your right cheek, they'll touch their right cheek too. Not their left.

Just wanting to know if it's different in (some of) those with autism/PDDs? That they don't mirror or need to learn it?

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2008, 8:26 am

I know I am terrible using the mirror. When I shave I am constantly angling it wrong because I am looking in the mirror and going in the wrong direction. I actually do a lot better if I don't look in the mirror except for a visual check that I got everything. I am the same with brushing my hair. I just do it without the mirror and check the results when I am done.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 8:37 am

Well I am awkard with the mirror, I have trouble with it but I think I have gotten getter.