Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LukeVanTramp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2008, 6:44 am

Hello,

Just here to meet fellow aspies expeically those who have dedicated their lives to self expression and art.

I am undiagnosed but I am pretty sure I have aspergers. I read about the symptoms a while ago on wikipedia and I display all of it:

1. qualitative impairment in social interaction
2. restricted, repetitive and stereotyped behaviors and interests
3. significant impairment in important areas of functioning
4. no significant delay in language development
5. no significant delay in cognitive development, self-help skills or adaptive behaviors (other than social interaction)
6. criteria are not met for another specific pervasive developmental disorder or schizophrenia.[1]

I am trying very hard to be a social person but I everything I do appears to be a weird act to others. I mimick my father mother, and brother when I talk to different types of people, Sometimes I even mimic the people I talk to and it annoys them, which surprises me since I'm talking tot hem using the same logic they use to talk to me.

I read a lot and write a lot, and I'm hoping to graduate with a BA in Design next year.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:08 am

Nice to meet you, LukeVanTramp. :) 8)

Kiera
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2008, 7:13 am

hiya, Luke! *waves*

ironangel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2008, 9:10 am

welcome to WP 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 9:35 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet! Please keep your hands and feet inside the forum at all times (unless you want something to be chopped off)

If I were you, I would seek a professional diagnoses. Try speaking with your therapist about it, see what he/she thinks.

Nice to meet you!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2008, 4:05 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

LukeVanTramp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2008, 8:10 pm

psmaster wrote:
Welcome to WrongPlanet! Please keep your hands and feet inside the forum at all times (unless you want something to be chopped off)

If I were you, I would seek a professional diagnoses. Try speaking with your therapist about it, see what he/she thinks.

Nice to meet you!

I will seek professional diagnoses, after I graduate the middle of next year. I'm a design major, in case any one is wondering.

I have a friend who's a medical student who used to illuminate the nature of my condition, but he's overseas now so there's really no one I can talk to. For now there's really no much a diagnosis can do for me, awareness of my condition is pretty poor in my community, and I don't live or study in an environment that suffers my antics and general weirdness too well. I used to suffer tremendously because of this but for now I'll rather just get on with my work for now. I try to be friendly with people but I just end up offending them. It's gotten to the point where people don't listen to me at all and just ignore me.

I have a lot to do for my final academic year and I really don't think that being diagnosed would change a thing, what's important is I meet people and talk about this.

I've met a lot of like-minded people on the Aspie chat rooms who talk and think just like I do, it's being a good experience so far

P.S: There are no therapists in this field where I live. I've stopped going to therapists anyway, they never get what Im trying to say and always talk down to me like I'm stupid.