I a great with you Neant. :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 3:30 am

NeantHumain wrote:
ajs_line_of_silver wrote:
all my other friends have “artistic temperaments”

Is that a nice way of saying subject to mood swings, passionate, emotionally sensitive, creative, self-indulgent, sensual, spontaneous, and annoyed by artificial constraints? At least that's what I think of when I think of the stereotypical artist.

By the way, no, I do not believe we are necessarily attracted to people very similar to ourselves in every way. I'm most attracted to people who are, at least in some regards, almost the opposite of myself: friendly and at least somewhat outgoing, very empathetic, and optimistic. Of course, I guess there would be some similarities, too; but I consider these to be among the pre-eminent personality traits of someone I'd most likely be attracted to. I'd find a woman who's even shyer and more intellectual than I am to be a little much for my taste. I'm already in the shy and intelligent zone; I want to expand my life and experiences, not shift around in the mire.

Happy happy joy joy...
WHAT?! I DO NOT HAVE *EXPLETIVE* MOOD SWINGS!! ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D
I seem to attract Asperger-y/autistic people, creative types, people with mental problems and people who are just plain weird. People like me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 5:15 am

NeantHumain wrote:

Quote:
Is that a nice way of saying subject to mood swings, passionate, emotionally sensitive, creative, self-indulgent, sensual, spontaneous, and annoyed by artificial constraints? At least that's what I think of when I think of the stereotypical artist.

That’s just what I mean. But one of the cool things about my friends is that we are all crazy in our own way

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 8:12 pm

I wish i had the fun type of crazy friends. I've had some mentally insane friends who should have been in a mental institute. seriously. they were crazy and ....

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 9:17 pm

I am attracted to everyone, especially girls :lol:

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 9:27 pm

To quote the Barenaked Ladies:

"Half my friends are crazy and the others are depressed."

I don't attract Aspies so much as repell people who are too close to "normal." Thus, what's left as far as a social network has a disproportionately high amount of really, really weird people in it.

Don't get me wrong, though- I wouldnt have it any other way.

Well, maybe I'd have one very rich, very generous friend in my network too.... :twisted: